Management Development Certificate Program
The Management Development Certificate Program (MDCP) provides learners with a structured, holistic learning experience that targets the key skills and competencies needed to manage effectively. The MDCP also provides additional recognition to those committed to learning and continuous improvement.
Although participation in the program is intended primarily for employees who supervise people or have administrative or academic departmental management responsibilities, individuals who are not yet managers but aspire to become one can enroll.
The goals of the MDCP are to:
- facilitate and encourage management skill development;
- encourage development-related dialogue with and support from the learner’s supervisor; and
- recognize the completion of a core set of management development learning sessions and a demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development.
The MDCP encompasses:
- adherence to the 70/20/10 learning philosophy
- completion of required and elective classes
- ongoing support from your supervisor
Through the MDCP you gain:
- networking opportunities with fellow graduates
- support from HR in many venues, including our Coffee Talk meetings
- coaching opportunities from HR managers