BACCH™ 3D Sound
A Revolutionary Technology for Audiophile-Grade 3D Audio
An Introduction through 20 Questions and Answers
BACCH™ 3D Sound (also previously called "Pure Stereo 3D Audio™" or "Pure Stereo") is a recent breakthrough in audio technology (licensed by Princeton University) that yields unprecedented spatial realism in loudspeaker-based audio playback allowing the listener to hear, through only two loudspeakers, a truly 3D reproduction of a recorded soundfield with uncanny accuracy and detail, and with a level of high tonal and spatial fidelity that is simply unapproachable by even the most expensive and advanced existing high-end audio systems. This poster summarizes the fundamental principles behind this technology as well as some technical aspects of its implementation. Learn more about BACCH™ 3D Sound through the following 20 Questions and Answers:
(A PDF version of these 20 Q&A can be downloaded from here.)
- What is BACCH™ 3D Sound?
- How does BACCH™ 3D Sound differ from surround sound?
- Does BACCH™ 3D Sound meet the highest audiophile standards?
- How can I add BACCH™ 3D Sound to my Hi-Fi system?
- Does BACCH™ 3D Sound require special loudspeakers?
- Does BACCH™ 3D Sound require special room treatment?
- Does BACCH™ 3D Sound require sitting in a sweet spot?
- Does BACCH™ 3D Sound require special positioning of the loudspeakers?
- What does BACCH™ 3D Sound require from a Hi-Fi system?
- How does BACCH™ 3D Sound work?
- What are customized and universal BACCH™ Filters?
- Is BACCH™ 3D Sound compatible with existing stereo recordings?
- Is the 3D realism of BACCH™ 3D Sound the same with all types of stereo recordings?
- Is BACCH™ 3D Sound compatible with analog audio?
- Why is BACCH™ 3D Sound sometimes called this "Pure Stereo"?
- I have heard of binaural audio and crosstalk cancellation. Are they related to BACCH™ 3D Sound?
- How does BACCH™ 3D Sound differ from Ambiophonics?
- How does BACCH™ 3D Sound differ from other 3D audio techniques?
- How does BACCH™ 3D Sound correct problems in audio playback?
- Can BACCH™ 3D Sound be experienced without the the BACCH-SP Processor?