- Space requests should be submitted at least 14 days prior to the planned event. Requests can be made online by clicking here. The University Scheduling Office will notify organizations regarding room availability within three business days (Monday - Friday).
- Reservations must be arranged by a person authorized to make financial contracts from the requesting organization. Billing arrangements must be clearly determined and agreed upon prior to event date.
- The University Scheduling Office must receive cancellations in writing at least two business days prior to a confirmed reservation. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If cancellation notice is not received at least two business days prior and if the reserved room has not been set up, the following fees will be charged:
Multipurpose Room (MPR): $50
FR 301 (Film/Performance Theatre): $100
If cancellation notice is not received at least two business days prior and if the reserved room has been set up, cost of set up will be charged.
The Frist Campus Center reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel ANY reservation at any time for any reason.
The Frist Campus Center Multipurpose Room has been designated as an emergency site by the University. In the event of a campus wide emergency, events scheduled in the Multipurpose Room may be cancelled at the discretion of Frist Campus Center staff to make emergency accommodations as necessary. If a scheduled event is cancelled, a member of the Frist Campus Center operations staff will assist the client to locate an alternate location for the event.
- Although there are no fees for room rentals, the requesting organization is responsible for labor costs for room setups and break downs. The labor charges for setup and take down is $26.00/hour.
- A Princeton University account number is required when the room reservation is made. Even if there are no additional use costs the account number serves as a damage deposit.
- Neither the University nor the Frist Campus Center assumes any liability for articles lost, stolen, or misplaced on University property. Necessary precautions should be taken to protect valuables.
- Person responsible for the event must have the copy of the reservation form in his or her possession during the entire event.
- All facilities of the University are governed by University regulations. Use of the facilities is limited to University students, staff, alumni and faculty, University affiliated organizations and their guests.
- Conduct in all campus facilities is expected to conform to the University-Wide Conduct Regulations as stated in the Princeton University Rights, Rules, Responsibilities Handbook. All persons using the campus facilities, including guests, are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with these norms of behavior.
- All events scheduled must be conducted in the manner stipulated in the confirmation. No changes or additions can be made in this contract unless confirmed in writing by the University Scheduling Office.
- All food and beverage services are available from dining services. Non-University food vendors are not permitted in the Multipurpose Room. The University Scheduling Office can provide a list of authorized non-University caterers upon request.
- The University restricts the use of alcoholic beverages in campus facilities.
• All persons who consume alcoholic beverages are responsible for complying with University regulations and NJ State statutes regarding consumption and sale of alcoholic beverages.
• Appropriate supervision is required at all events which alcohol is to be served.
• Public Safety officers are required at events. Determination of number of Public Safety officers required is at the sole discretion of the Frist Campus Center.
- Any group submitting a request to reserve space in the Frist Campus Center for a public event, including information tables and fundraisers, with the intent to serve food not prepared by Princeton Catering or Restaurant Associates, must follow established guidelines for temporary food service on campus and secure a temporary food establishment license. Recognized student groups submitting an application for a temporary food establishment license may be exempt from paying a license fee. Contact the University Sanitarian for licensing, regulatory and general safety requirements. For additional information, refer to the Environmental Health and Safety website or the Office of Risk Management website.
- For Frist South Lawn and Patio Events…
• Staking of tents and flags is prohibited.
• For events using grilling:
Clients are required to have a University Dining or Restaurant Associate professional food service employee to grill. Clients must have a fire extinguisher present.
Clients must use a platform and locate the grills on the east side of the patio.
Clients will receive a planning checklist which details the steps that need to be taken and the people they will need to contact in order to plan their event.
- For Frist Campus Center’s operating hours, please follow this link: http://www.princeton.edu/frist/hours.html
- Individual organizations will not be permitted to make additional reservations until past debts are paid.
- No animals are allowed in the Frist Campus Center with the exception of service dogs.
All activities must be sponsored by an authorized Princeton department or organization. All others must use Conference Services.
Visitors to the Frist Campus Center typically park in Lot 21 and ride the blue line campus shuttle. Guests needing additional parking arrangements should contact the Transportation and Parking Office.
Please Note: If you encounter any problems with your room at the time of the reservation, please see the staff at the Welcome Desk who will contact the appropriate person to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
For additional information on other campus spaces use policies please visit the University Scheduling Policies page.
To submit a reservation request, please fill out and submit an Online Reservation Request Form. For more information, please call 258-2244.