Events - Archive
Year 2012 Archive
- Category: Event
- 12/10/12 Federico Neiburg (Museu Nacional, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro) on Popular Economy and the Government Markets in Haiti"
- 11/15/12 Erin Raffety (Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Anthropology) on "Generations of Care: Foster Care in China"
- 11/13/12 Jessica Stern on International LGBT Human Rights
- 11/06/12 Nadezhda Savova - dissertation defense
- 10/17/12 Claudio Lomnitz (Columbia University) on "The Criminalization of Mexican Political Society During the Porfiriato"
- 10/04/12 Alma Gottlieb (University of Illinois) on "Passover, African Style"
- 09/24/12 Charles Briggs (University of California, Berkley) on "Between Psychoanalysis and Lamentation: Anthropology as the work of Mourning"
- 09/18/12 Amy Moran-Thomas Dissertation Defense
- 09/13/12 FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
- 06/01/12 Anthropology reunions event - Cultural Reckonings: War, Peace, Want, Plenty
- 03/02/12 Graduate student symposium "Academe and the Arab Spring: Disciplinary Approaches to Revolution and the Middle East" (BY REGISTRATION ONLY)
- 02/23/12 Anthropology alumna Lauren Bush-Lauren '06 to discuss her career
- 02/22/12 Michael D. Jackson (Harvard) presents the Clifford Geertz Commemorative Lecture