Anthropology Concentration Declaration
Are You a Prospective Anthropology Major?
Would you like to know more about anthropology and about ANT departmental requirements?
- See the menu items on the left-hand side of this page for information. There is a Blackboard site for Anthropology Concentrators that supplements information provided on this website. If you would like to browse the ANT Blackboard site, email email@example.com to request access.
- Major Choices Event on Saturday, 11/8/2014 - Anthropology professors will treat attendees to a discussion on race amidst the Morton Skull Collection. Signup is required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Come to the Sophomore Open House on a date TBA in April 2015. Come with questions or just to hear about the Department, the undergraduate major, and courses in Anthropology.
- Explore the Major Choices website to find contact information for a current major. Check out Anthropology alumni profiles and perspectives in the online Major Choices publication. Look in Vol.II for Marty Johnson '81 (president and CEO, Isles, Inc.) and Rob Kutner '94 (writer, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and in Vol.III for Elizabeth Landau '06 (CNN.com staff writer), Indrani Pal-Chaudhuri '01 (photographer, digital artist, and TV star and producer), and Amy Saltzman '05 (M.D.-Ph.D. candidate and former Pyne Prize recipient).
- Ask a Faculty Adviser: You're invited to discuss your interests and plans with the Anthropology Departmental Representative (Dep Rep). If you are thinking about majoring in Anthropology, the Dep Rep can review your course history and help you decide. If you are taking or have taken an Anthropology course and know a professor and/or preceptor, you may also find it helpful to talk to him or her for advice.
How to contact the Dep Rep: See the Anthropology Undergraduate Webpage for contact information.
- More questions? Stop by the Anthropology Department office in 116 Aaron Burr Hall or e-mail one of the department’s administrative staff members: Gabriela at email@example.com or Mo Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes to you and, if you decide to major in Anthropology, welcome to the Department!