Anthropology Concentration Declaration
Are You a Prospective Anthropology Major?
Would you like to know more about anthropology and about ANT departmental requirements?
- See the menu items on the left-hand side of this page for information. There is a Blackboard site for Anthropology Concentrators that supplements information provided on this website. If you would like to browse the ANT Blackboard site, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. Declared Anthropology Concentrators will receive access automatically.
- Come to the Sophomore Open House on Thursday, April 7, 2016, 12:00-1:15 pm! Come with questions or just to hear about the Department, the undergraduate major, and courses in Anthropology. Aaron Burr Hall, Room 219, lunch provided.
- Make an appointment in WASS to meet individually with Departmental Representative Professor Elizabeth Davis to discuss how your interests might fit with what anthropology has to offer.
- Talk to any Anthropology faculty member! Besides meeting with the Departmental Representative as mentioned above, don't be shy to ask any Anthropology instructor or preceptor that you know what it's like to "do" anthropology.
- Explore the Guide to Independent Work in Anthropology.
- Check the Dean of the College page on choosing a major to look up the names of current Anthropology majors who would be happy to answer your questions and provide their perspectives.
- More questions? Stop by the Anthropology Department office in 116 Aaron Burr Hall and talk to one of the department’s administrative staff members: Gabriela Drinovan or Mo Lin Yee, or send an email to email@example.com.
Best wishes to you and, if you decide to major in Anthropology, welcome to the Department!