Forrestal Campus Biking Directions
Bicycle Directions between the Main Campus and the Forrestal Campus:
Starting from the Princeton University Main Campus:
- Ride southeast (downhill) on either Alexander Street, Washington Road, or Harrison Street.
- Keep going (past Faculty Road and over Lake Carnegie) until you reach the towpath. The towpath is the path between Lake Carnegie and the Delaware and Raritan Canal.
- Turn left onto the towpath. You will be riding with Lake Carnegie on your left and the canal on your right. (Don’t forget to enjoy the scenery!)
- Keep riding along the towpath until you reach the two wooden bridges after Harrison Street (note that if you took Alexander St., you would have had to cross Washington Rd. and Harrison St. to get to this point; if you took Washington Rd., you would have had to cross Harrison St.).
- At the pair of bridges after Harrison Street, cross both bridges and ride past the car park. (You will have to turn right to cross the second bridge.)
- Cross Mapleton Road and turn slight left to follow the paved shared bicycle and pedestrian path along Mapleton Road
- Follow the paved path around to the right and continue on it out to the sidewalk along the Scudders Mill Road on-ramp to U.S. Route 1 South
- Turn left to take the sidewalk which leads to the pedestrian overpass over U.S. Route 1 and after it continue straight along Scudders Mill Road on the paved path to the first traffic light
- Turn left onto Campus Road and go to the first street on the left
- Turn left onto Forrestal Rd South and go to the intersection and
- Turn right onto Forrestal Road and about 150 feet up on the right and just after the stop sign will be Sayre Hall and up a short distance further on the left will be GFDL; the bike rack and Zagster station is across the street from GFDL next to the bus shelter