Events & Conferences
Weekly seminars take place at the Bendheim Center:
- Civitas Foundation Finance Seminar: Wednesdays, 2:50–4:00 p.m., BCF Rm 103
- Stochastic Analysis Seminar: Mondays, 12:30–1:20 p.m., BCF Rm 103
- Student Research Workshop: Tuesdays, 12 noon–1:45 p.m., BCF Library
The Bendheim Center for Finance also organizes a variety of events, including special lectures and conferences, plus a weekly speaker series featuring alumni and corporate partners from a variety of firms and organizations interested in sharing best practices and trends with Master in Finance, PhD, and undergraduate certificate in finance students.
The Third Annual Julis-Rabinowitz Center Conference on "Finance and Consumption" will be held at Princeton on Thursday, February 20th, 2014. Academics from macro, finance and behavioral economics will share research in the broad area of consumption, and where we need to focus next. Robert E. Hall, Stanford University, will give a keynote address.
- The 4th annual Princeton Quant Trading Conference took place Nov. 8 in Chicago.
- The Humboldt-Princeton Conference was held November 1-2, 2013 at Princeton University.
- The Princeton-QUT-SMU Conference was held October 17-18, 2013 at the Bendheim Center for Finance.
- The first Princeton Graduate Alumni Conference took place on campus Oct. 17-19.
- Nobel-prize winner Robert Shiller of Yale University gave the 2013 Princeton Lectures in Finance on October 8-10, 2013.
- The second annual Women in Finance workshop was held October 4, 2013, featuring keynote speaker and G.S. Beckwith Gilbert Lecturer Barbara Byrne, Vice Chairman, Barclays, and panelists Amy Emanuel ’90, Managing Director, Credit Suisse Leveraged Finance Sales; Iveta Gigova *96, Partner, Arch(E)Wild, and Senior Advisor, World Bank/IFC; Anne Lester ‘86, Managing Director, JP Morgan Asset Management; and Anna Raytcheva ’94, Managing Director, Citigroup Global Markets; and Akila Raman, VP, Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Division.
- The Ninth Cambridge/Princeton Workshop was held September 13-14 2013.
- The Princeton Initiative Conference for personally selected participants, was held September 6-8, 2013.
- The Second Symposium on China's Financial Markets was held at Guanghua School of Management, Peking University on July 6, 2013.
- Princeton-Lausanne Workshop on Quantitative Finance was held at Sherrerd Hall and the Bendheim Center for Finance on May 3-4, 2013.
- Neil Chriss, Founder, Chief Investment Officer and CEO at Hutchin Hill Capital, LP, was a guest lecturer in Dario Villani's class on Wednesday, April 17, 5:30 p.m. Lewis Library 120. Prior to founding Hutchin Hill in October 2007, Neil was a managing director at SAC Capital Management (2003–2007). Previously, Neil was a portfolio manager at Goldman Sachs Asset Management (1998–2000).
- Bill Janeway '65, Senior Advisor, Warburg Pincus, presented a lunch talk for students and faculty on Thursday, April 18, 12:30 pm at the Bendheim Center for Finance. The title of the talk is Keynes Bridge and Tobin's Q: Financing Investment in Innovation
- Soofian Zuberi, Managing Director and head of global equity distribution for Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, was a guest lecturer in Dario Villani's class on April 10.
- The third annual Princeton Quant Trading Conference took place on Saturday, April 13, on the Princeton campus. This year's line-up of speakers can be found here.
- Dr. Peter Orszag '91, Vice Chairman of Corporate and Investment Banking at Citigroup Inc. and former Director of the Office of Management and Budget in the first Obama administration, was a guest lecturer in Dario Villani's class on Wednesday, April 3, 5:30 p.m.
- John C. (Jack) Bogle '51, Founder of The Vanguard Group, Inc., President of the Bogle Financial Markets Research Center, and a member of the Bendheim Center for Finance Advisory Council, delivered the G.S. Beckwith Gilbert lecture on "The U.S. Financial System: Look Out! Change is Coming" February 21, at McCormick Hall. The lecture was sponsored by Butler College and the Bendheim Center for Finance.
Michael E. Novogratz '87, Principal and a Member of the Board of Directors, Fortress Investment Group LLC and Co-Chief Investment Officer, Fortress Macro Fund and the Drawbridge Global Macro Fund, was the guest speaker in Dario Villani *02’s ORFE class, Special Topics in Investment Science, Trading and Risk Management on February 20. Novogratz joined Fortress in 2002 after spending 11 years at Goldman Sachs, where he was elected partner in 1998.
Robert F. Engle of New York University gave the 2012 Princeton Lectures in Finance on October 24-26, 2012, 4:30-5:50pm, at the Friend Center, Room 006
- A Conference in Honor of Christopher A. Sims was held on October 19-20, 2012 in Princeton.
- The Second Measuring Risk Conference was held on September 21-22, 2012 in Princeton.
- The Eighth Cambridge-Princeton Conference was held September 14-15, 2012 in Cambridge.
- The Princeton Initiative, a Conference for individually selected participants was held in Princeton on September 6-9, 2012.
- The Symposium on China's Financial Markets was held on July 7, 2012 in Beijing, China.
- The 7th Oxford-Princeton Workshop on Financial Mathematics and Stochastic
Analysis was held in Princeton, Sherrerd Hall on April 27-28, 2012.
- The EDHEC-PRINCETON Institutional Money Management Conference was held at The Princeton Club of New York, April 27, 2012.
- The Inaugural Conference of the Julis-Rabinowitz Center was held in Princeton at the Carl Fields Center on April 19-20, 2012 with the theme "European Crisis: Historical Parallels and Economic Lessons."
- The Second Princeton Quant Trading Conference was held March 31, 2012 in Princeton at the Friend Center.
- Brooksley Born, chair of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) from 1996-1999, presented a public talk titled, "Financial Regulatory Reform--Imperative for Our Future" at the Woodrow Wilson School on March 12, 2012 as part of the "Economic Recovery: Perils, Politics and Possibilities" thematic lecture series.
- Michael Barr, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and key architect of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, discussed the origins of the financial crisis on December 1, 2011.
- The Humboldt-Princeton Conference on "Risk Patterns in Economics, Statistics, Finance and Medicine" was held Oct. 28-29, 2011 in Berlin, Germany.
- Axel Weber spoke on "The Euro: Chances and Opportunities of a Crisis" on Wednesday, October 12, 2012, in Dodds Auditorium, Robertson Hall.
- The First Measuring Risk Conference was held on October 7-8, 2011 at Princeton, Bendheim Center for Finance.
- The Princeton Lectures in Finance were given by Robert C. Merton of MIT on September 27-29, 2011.
- The Seventh Annual Cambridge-Princeton Exchange Workshop was held on September 16-17, 2011 at Princeton, Bendheim Center for Finance.
- Princeton Initiative, Conference for personally selected participants. September 8-11, 2011.
- Conference to Celebrate the Works and Contributions of Burton G. Malkiel, April 8, 2011, 145 Peyton Hall [schedule]
- Princeton University High Frequency and Quantitative Trading Conference, March 25, 2011 145 Peyton Hall. Student sponsored event to bring together leading experts from academia, industry and government.