Important Information on Spring Advisement & Course Selection for Sophomores
Dear Butler Sophomores:
Welcome back from the fall break!
Although you have just completed mid-term examinations, it is time to give some serious thought to your academic program for next semester.
Before reviewing your courses with your academic adviser you may find it useful to seek other sources of advice and information. Feel free to consult departmental representatives and program directors, whose names and telephone numbers are listed in the Academic Guide for the Class of 2015. If you have questions about possible areas of concentration or program options, do not hesitate to meet with any of the Butler College faculty advisers or peer advisers.
The schedule for spring-term course selection is as follows:
1. Course Offerings for spring is currently available on the Office of the Registrar’s website. It is updated daily.
2. Mid-term grades can be seen in SCORE beginning today. Mid-term grades are reported only for 100 and 200-level courses. You may elect to take a class P/D/F on SCORE between November 7 and 28, as described in the e-mail you received on November 4 from Deputy Registrar Sally Gonzalez (attached). No grade option changes are permitted after November 28.
3. If you are an A.B. candidate, you can make an appointment with your adviser by going to http://wass.princeton.edu. All advisers should have their hours posted by Friday, November 11. (Appointments begin as early as Nov. 14, depending on your adviser’s availability.) Be sure to note both the time and location of your appointment. If you are a B.S.E. candidate, contact your departmental representative directly for an appointment. Only your adviser can approve your course schedule, so be certain not to miss your appointment. If for any reason you cannot make the appointment, notify your adviser in advance and reschedule the meeting.
4. Prior to your appointments, A.B. students must complete and print out two copies of their academic planning form (accessed via SCORE), which must be signed by your adviser. (See attached instructions.) B.S.E. sophomores should bring their Course Enrollment Worksheet. Come prepared to discuss your general academic plans as well as specific course selections.
5. If you are an A.B. candidate, submit one copy of your signed academic planning form to the Butler College Office by December 6. BSE sophomores need to submit a copy of their signed Course Enrollment Worksheet to their departmental undergraduate office no later than December 6. You must return these signed documents in order to be eligible for web enrollment on SCORE.
6. For all sophomores, your web appointment for course enrollment begins December 7 at 7:30 a.m. and ends December 15 at 5:00 p.m. Observe these dates carefully, as there is a $10.00 per day late penalty for selecting courses.
I hope that you had a good break and that the rest of the term goes well!
Matthew Lazen, Ph.D.
Director of Studies
APF Student Instructions