Important Information on Spring Advisement & Course Selection for Freshmen
Dear Butler Freshmen,
Welcome back from the fall break!
Although you have just completed mid-term examinations, it is time to give some serious thought to your academic program for next semester.
Before reviewing your courses with your academic adviser you may find it useful to seek other sources of advice and information. Feel free to consult departmental representatives and program directors, whose names and telephone numbers are listed in the Academic Guide for the Class of 2015. If you have questions about possible areas of concentration or program options, do not hesitate to meet with any of the Butler College faculty advisers or peer advisers.
The schedule for spring-term course selection is as follows:
1. Course Offerings for spring is currently available on the Office of the Registrar’s website. It is updated daily.
2. Mid-term grades can be seen in SCORE beginning today. Mid-term grades are reported only for 100 and 200-level courses. You may elect to take a class P/D/F on SCORE between November 7 and 28, as described in the e-mail you received on November 4 from Deputy Registrar Sally Gonzalez (attached). No grade option changes are permitted after November 28.
3. If you are an A.B. candidate, you can make an appointment with your adviser by going to http://wass.princeton.edu. All advisers should have their hours posted by Friday, November 11. (Appointments begin as early as Nov. 14, depending on your adviser’s availability.) Be sure to note both the time and location of your appointment. If you are a B.S.E. candidate, contact your faculty adviser directly for an appointment. Only your adviser can approve your course schedule, so be certain not to miss your appointment. If for any reason you cannot make the appointment, notify your adviser in advance and reschedule the meeting.
4. Prior to your appointment, both A.B. and B.S.E. freshman must complete and print out two copies of your academic planning form (accessed via SCORE), which must be signed by your adviser. (See attached instructions.) Bring this form to your appointment, and come prepared to discuss your general academic plans as well as specific course selections.
5. Your academic planning forms are due by December 9. If you are an A.B. freshman, submit one copy of your signed academic planning form to the Butler College Office by December 9. If you are a B.S.E. freshman, please submit one copy of your signed form to C-205 E-Quad no later than December 9. You must return these signed documents in order to be eligible for web enrollment on SCORE.
6. For all freshmen, your web appointment for course enrollment begins December 12 at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. December 16. Observe these dates carefully, as there is a $10.00 per day late penalty for selecting courses.
I hope that you had a good break and that the rest of the term goes well!
Matthew Lazen, Ph.D.
Director of Studies