Important Information on Fall Course Advisement and Course Selection for Juniors
Dear Butler Juniors,
I hope you all had a restful spring break. It’s time to give serious thought to your academic program next fall, and I am writing now with some important information about fall 2013 course advisement and selection.
Your departmental representative will review your courses with you when she or he signs your Course Enrollment Worksheet. The schedule for fall-term course selection is as follows:
1. On Thursday, March 28th the fall Course Offerings will appear on the Office of the Registrar’s website.
2. Spring mid-term grades can now be seen on the SCORE website. You should check your midterm courses and grading options carefully and report errors at once to me.
3. Beginning around the second week of April, you should start meeting with your departmental representative or designated academic advisers. Contact your departmental office for the exact appointment schedule.
4. Only your departmental representative can approve your course schedule, so be certain not to miss your appointment. If for any reason you cannot make the appointment, notify your representative well in advance and reschedule the meeting. Come prepared to discuss your general academic plans as well as specific course selections. Print out TWO copies of the worksheet available on the SCORE website for your departmental representative’s signature. Be sure to include the 5-digit class number listed in Course Offerings for each course .
5. Leave one copy of the worksheet with your departmental representative and keep the other signed copy for web enrollment. The junior deadline for course enrollment worksheets is Friday, April 19th. You must secure your departmental representative’s signature on both copies of the worksheet in order to be eligible for web enrollment.
6. The course selection period for juniors on SCORE begins at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, April 22nd and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday May 1st. Course selection is first come, first served, so select courses early! Also, observe these dates carefully, as there is a $10-per day late penalty for selecting courses after the May 1st deadline.
Note: Late juniors must submit a signed Worksheet in person to the Office of the Registrar.
7. Beginning Monday, May 20th, the SCORE website will reopen during the second week of final exams to allow fall term course changes. SCORE closes for all undergraduates at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 24th.
8. Starting on Thursday, September 12th, SCORE reopens for add/drop only. Wednesday, September 25th will be the last day to add a course. It is also the last day you can change fall-term courses without a charge; you may drop a course after that date but you will be charged $45.00 for each change. Changes involving departmental courses will require the signature of your departmental representative.
I hope that your junior independent work is progressing, and that the rest of the term goes well. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.
Dean of Butler College
Gordon Wu Hall
Princeton, NJ 08544
Fax: (609) 258-2488