Access to Resources
Winter Break officially begins after your last class on Friday, December 13 and continues through Sunday, January 5. During this time, several departments at the University may have limited hours or will be closed during University Holidays. This email contains an overview of the Winter Break hours and services of Public Safety, University Health Services, Campus Dining, Dillon Gym, the Libraries, and the Residential College Offices.
Public Safety will continue to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout Winter Break. For emergencies, call (609) 258-3333; for non-emergencies, call (609) 258-1000.
As many of our students and staff leave the campus for the holidays, the Department of Public Safety (DPS) would like to take this opportunity to remind our community to properly secure their belongings. Students who have a bike on campus are encouraged to secure them inside their rooms during the break. Any rooms (i.e. dorm, office, building) left open will be secured. Please make sure any contact information the University holds for you is correct and up to date. DPS will be making targeted checks of buildings and rooms during this time period. Any dorms left open will be secured.
DPS reminds those staying on the campus to not allow anyone they do not know access to buildings. Individuals with proper authority to enter a building will possess a TigerCard permitting them to do so. If for any reason those staying on campus are concerned or suspicious of any event, they should call Public Safety.
University Health Services (UHS)
Beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, December 13, the Inpatient Service at UHS (McCosh Infirmary) will close. Inpatient Service will open again at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 5. The hours of operation for during Winter Break are as follows, and can also be found at http://www.princeton.edu/uhs/:
- December 16 - 20: Medical Urgent Care, SHARE, and CPS open 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- December 21 - 22: UHS closed
- December 23 - 24: Medical Urgent Care and SHARE open 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; CPS closed
- December 25 - 29: UHS closed
- December 30 - 31: Medical Urgent Care and SHARE open 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; CPS closed
- January 1: UHS closed
- January 2: UHS resumes regular hours.
If you feel the need to speak with a mental health professional or SHARE resource when the office is closed, please contact Public Safety.
All Residential College dining halls and the Center for Jewish Life will close after dinner on Friday, December 13. All dining halls will reopen with the Sunday dinner meal on January 5, 2014.
Other campus dining venues, including the retail dining options at Frist Campus Center, have limited hours of operation. All campus retail dining operations will be closed December 25-27 and January 1 during the University Holidays. For more details, see Campus Dining Winter Recess Hours of Operations.
Dillon Gym will be closed December 25-27 and January 1 during the University Holidays. Normal hours for Stephens Fitness Center will resume on January 6. Below are the open hours during Winter Break, which can also be found at http://www.princeton.edu/campusrec/dillon-gym/facility-schedules/Holiday-Hours.pdf:
- December 13: 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- December 14-15: 12:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- December 16-20: 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- December 21-22: 12:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- December 23: 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- December 24: 6:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- December 28-29: 12:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- December 30: 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- December 31: 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- January 2-3: 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- January 4: 12:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- January 5: 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m
All University libraries will be closed December 25 and January 1 during the University Holidays. For a detailed listing of library branches and their hours during Winter Break, visit http://library.princeton.edu/about/hours/.
Residential College Offices
- December 16 - 20: Normal business hours 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- December 23 - 24: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 25 - 27: Closed
- December 30 - 31: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- January 1: Closed
- January 2: Resume normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during weekdays.