In this section of the Web site, you can view what's actually happening in more detail for each area of the campus. The emerging ideas of the campus plan are organized in two ways: Themes and Neighborhoods.
Under Themes, you can browse through the strategies for landscape, wayfinding and pedestrian circulation, housing and mixed-use, transportation, parking, and sustainability. Neighborhoods are defined geographic areas of the campus that have been delineated based on common characteristics and include: Core Campus; Natural Sciences; E-3 Neighborhood; University Place/Alexander Street; Ivy Lane/Western Way; and Athletics.
Who is Leading the Plan?
The campus plan is led by the Campus Plan Steering Committee, Princeton University staff, and Beyer Blinder Belle Architects & Planners LLP with a team of consultants.
Princeton University Steering Committee:
- Shirley M. Tilghman, President of the University and Chair
- Christopher L. Eisgruber, Provost
- Mark Burstein, Executive Vice President
- Robert K. Durkee, Vice President and Secretary of the University
- Brian J. McDonald, Vice President for Development
- Karen Magee, Chair of the Trustee Committee on Grounds and Buildings
- Neil Rudenstine, Former Chair of the Trustee Committee on Grounds and Buildings
- Stanley T. Allen, Dean, School of Architecture
- Robert Gutman, Professor of Architecture
- Guy Nordenson, Professor of Architecture
- Robert Barnett, Vice Provost for University Space Planning
Princeton University Facilities staff:
- Michael McKay, Vice President for Facilities
- Jon Hlafter, University Architect
- Natalie Shivers, Associate University Architect
- Anne St. Mauro, Director, Office of Design and Construction
- William Bausmith, Jr., Associate Director, Office of Design and Construction
- Dan Casey, Coordinating Architect
- Chad Klaus, General Manager, Services
- Andrew Kane, Director, Housing
- Alex Karels, Assistant to the Associate University Architect
Campus Plan Consultants:
Planning & Urban Design: Beyer Blinder Belle Architects & Planners LLP
Neil P. Kittredge (Partner), Sapna Advani, Nisha Baliga, Mia Sidonie Berberat, Rayna Huber Erlich, Marcello Ferri, Edward Piatt, Maithili Raut, Dale Riedl, Marc Sharifi, Dia Sheriff
Real Estate: K. Backus & Associates, Inc.
Karen Backus (President), Steve Jacobs, Lori Matsukuma
Landscape Architecture: Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates, Inc.
Michael Van Valkenburgh (Partner), Matthew Urbanski (Principal), Gullivar Shepard (Senior Associate), Jennifer Bolstad, Justine Heilner, Rachel Gleeson, Steve Noone, Robert Rock, Anita Berrizbeitia, Leor Lovinger, Josh Egnatz, Yoshi Mishima, Liza Gilbert, Liz Silver, Eric Brightman, Jason Newsome, Tim Kirby, Nyunny Kim, Chris Gates
Architecture: Architecture Research Office, LLC
Stephen Cassell (Principal), Megumi Tamanaha, Arthur Chu, Elizabeth Stoel
Wayfinding and Graphic Design: Two Twelve Associates, Inc.
David Gibson (Principal), Ann Harakawa (Principal), Anthony Ferrara (Senior Associate), Darlene Levy, Alexandria Lee, Laura Varacchi, Julie Park
Environmental Engineering: Judith Nitsch Engineering, Inc.
Stephen Benz (Chief Engineer), Nicole Holmes
Transportation Engineering: Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc.
Fred Gorove (President and Principal), Charles Teuer (Project Manager), Daniel Van Pelt
Parking Strategies: CHANCE Management Advisors, Inc.
Barbara J. Chance, Ph.D. (President and CEO), Guillermo Leiva (Senior Management Consultant)
Garden Design: Lynden B. Miller Public Garden Design
Lynden B. Miller (Principal), Catherine Redd
- Van Note-Harvey Associates
- Faithful + Gould
- Economic Research Associates
Photos: Courtesy of the Princeton University Office of Communications and Campus Plan consultants.
© 2006 The Trustees of Princeton University. Last update: December 20, 2006