NO ID/NO PLAY!
All players must present their valid University ID before participating in any Intramural Event. Players must sign in on the scoresheet, and then have their ID verified by the Intramural Supervisor on duty. Only Princeton University Faculty, Staff, and Students are eligible to participate in Intramural events, unless otherwise noted. Failure to produce an ID will result in the participant not being allowed to play.
Who can play?
- The Intramural Sports Office reserves the right to put into immediate effect any rule changes or modifications regarding eligibility, but before doing so, will attempt to notify participants by e-mailing a copy of such changes to the Intramural Sports Chairs.
- Only full time Princeton University Students are eligible to participate on Residential College and Eating Club intramural teams.
- Only regular members and social members of Residential Colleges and Eating Clubs may compete for their respective organizations. A club social member is considered an ex-member who has spent a year in the club.
- Individuals living in a College may not compete with an Eating Club for an entire year. Individuals living in a College that join a Club may compete for their College, but not their Club. Former Club members who are "independent" may play for their Club, provided they are not playing on another team.
- All faculty and staff of Princeton University are eligible to participate in the Intramural Program. NOTE: The appropriate fee must be paid in order to participate. Contact the Jadwin Gym Ticket Office 258-3538 (press 1 to speak to staff) or come to Room 103, Dillon Gym to obtain a membership.
- Princeton Theological Seminary students are eligible to participate in Intramural Sports provided they obtain a membership. Contact the Jadwin Gym Ticket Office 258-3538 (press 1 to speak to staff) or come to Room 103, Dillon Gym to obtain a membership.
- "A" League - Most Competitive league option.
- "B" League - More Recreational league option.
- "Open" League - Could refer to gender ratio and/or skill level. Most "Open" Leagues refer to the fact that there is not a gender ratio requirement, however it can also represent an "All Skill Levels Welcome" league.
2. All rescheduling MUST be confirmed 24 hours in advance by both teams/individuals via e-mail to the Intramural Sports Office.
3. Captains should e-mail the Intramural Sports Office and check the availability of alternate times for the game after the captain of the opposing team is contacted and request the change (giving him/her alternate times). The opposing captain is not obligated to change the playing date/time.
4. If agreed, captains must e-mail or phone in to confirm the change with the Intramural Sports Office.
5. All rescheduling steps that require contact with the Intramural Sports Office must be made between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday.
*** Playoffs: Provide the Intramural Sports Office with any scheduling conflicts prior to the end of the regular season. ****NOTE**** REQUESTS for rescheduling during playoff games will not be granted. Time and Space restriction necessitate this policy.
Each captain is responsible for their team's attendance and will be required to sign a contract of an Acknowledgment of Forfeit Fees with the Intramural Sports Office. This contract requires each captain to provide their PU ID# with our office in order to enter a team. If a team fails to appear at the scheduled location within 10 minutes of the scheduled game time, the Intramural Sports Supervisor will declare the contest a forfeit, thus resulting in the following:
1.A team that forfeits once will be charged $25.00 and all points earned toward the campus championship in that sport will be lost.
2. If a team forfeits twice, another $25.00 will be charged, the team is dropped from the league, and all points will be lost for that sport.
3. At the end of the season the captain will be given the option of either paying the amount owed with cash, check, or by having their student account charged. If no payment is received by the deadline given, then their Student Account will automatically be charged.
Requests to Cancel
A TEAM MAY DEFAULT A CONTEST, BUT WILL NOT BE ASSESSED A FORFEIT FINE WHEN:
1. It is unable to play a contest at the scheduled time or arrange for a rescheduled time and notifies the Intramural Sports Coordinator by e-mail or phone 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday and the opposing team's captain at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of the contest.
2. It uses an ineligible player (see Eligibility Policies), but declares the game a default before the game begins (the game may still be played), but counted as a loss to the defaulting team.
3. Several members show up at the contest and get the permission of the opposing captain to default (after which an informal game may still be played).
For each league sport, playoff criteria will be posted about halfway through the regular season that will list how many teams from every division/league will be brought to a single elimination tournament at the conclusion of the Round Robin play.
In order to be eligible to participate in the playoffs, players must have played in at least ONE round robin scheduled game. Intramural Supervisors will verify eligibility at every playoff game against the official roster provided by the Intramural Office.