Find another major of interest using the drop-down box below:
Architecture is a collective art form, involving the expertise of many different fields. Architects design buildings, landscapes and cities for a society whose ideas and technology will inevitably change.
The major profile below includes: a sample of post-graduation plans of recent Princeton Architecture graduates, a sample of internships from those in the major, and online resources and professional associations offering career information.
Post-Graduation Plans of Recent Architecture Majors*
- Director of Hispanic Youth Institute - Hispanic College Fund, Washington, DC
- Bilingual Instructor - Teach for America, San Jose, CA
- Account Executive - Prco London, London, UK
- Math Teacher, Middle School - Teach for America, New Orleans, LA
- Architect - Open Architecture, Beijing, China
- Agency Advancement Associate - Better Boys Foundation (Princeton Project 55), Chicago, IL
- Intern - Office for Metropolitan Architecture, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Junior Architect - Allied Architects International (Princeton In Asia), Shanghai, China
- M.A., Architecture - Columbia University, New York, NY
- M.Arch., Architecture - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- M.Arch., Architecture - Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- M.Arch., Architecture - University of California at Berkeley, CA
- M.Arch., Architecture - Yale University, New Haven, CT
* These are actual jobs and graduate programs recent graduates accepted.
Internships of Recent Architecture Majors
- Design Intern - Kilo Architectures, Paris, France
- Art/Design Intern - Rodale Inc., Prevention Magazine, New York, NY
- Stage I Architectural Assistant - David Chipperfield Architects, London, UK
- Intern - Turner Construction Company, New Haven, CT
- Research Assistant - Children's Board of Hillsborough County, Tampa, FL
- Independent Project - Martin Dale '53 Fund, Paris, France
- Marketing Intern - RMJM Hillier, Princeton, NJ
- Intern - Gould Turner Group, Nashville, TN
- Summer Trainee - AGC Design, Hong Kong
Architecture Alumni from Princeton
Alumni have VOLUNTEERED to have students contact them for advice and information about majors and careers. The Alumni Careers Network (ACN), with 4,500 volunteers worldwide, is a searchable on-line database of Princeton alumni who are willing and eager for you to contact them so they can provide you with advice and assistance. Search the database for Architecture alumni, to learn more about the careers that people from this major sometimes pursue.
Resources and Information Online
- Architecture Careers
- Architecture Career Options
- Careers in Architecture - UK Site
- About.Com: How to Become an Architect
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Architect
- Architects - Tasks Performed & Skills Required (O*NET)
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Often professional association websites offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts. The National Trade and Professional Associations Directory in Career Services can provide more ideas.