Find another major of interest using the drop-down box below:
Economics is a unique discipline that combines the methods of reasoning with practical knowledge to help understand the intricacies of business.
The major profile below includes: a sample of post-graduation plans of recent Princeton Economics graduates, a sample of internships from those in the major, and online resources and professional associations offering career information.
Post-Graduation Plans of Recent Economics Majors*
- Analyst - AUDAX, Boston, MA
- Analyst Consultant - Bain and Company, Seoul, South Korea
- Analyst - Bank of America Merrill Lynch, New York, NY
- Analyst - Barclays Capital, Menlo Park, CA
- Analyst - Deloitte Consulting LLP, Washington, DC
- Analyst - Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, DC
- Account Executive - Publicis, Accea, Ghana
- Associate - Pricewaterhousecoopers, London, UK
- Assistant Analyst - Congressional Budget Office, Washington, DC
- Fellow - Princeton in Latin America: Endeavor, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Journalism and Public Policy - M.A. - American University, Washington, DC
- Medicine - M.D./M.P.H. - Columbia University, New York, NY
- Accounting - M.A. - George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Medicine - M.D. - Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Law - J.D. - Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Philosophy - M.Phil. - Oxford University, Oxford, UK
* These are actual jobs and graduate programs recent graduates accepted.
Internships of Recent Economics Majors
- College Consultant - Accell Education, Seoul, South Korea
- Summer Analyst - Barclays Capital, New York, NY
- Summer Consultant - Bates White LLC, Washington, DC
- Summer Analyst - Goldman Sachs, New York, NY
- Research and Development Intern - Lifecell, Branchburg, NJ
- Account Leadership Intern - McCann Erickson, New York, NY
- Intern, Tax Transfer Program - New Jersey Economic Development Authority, Trenton, NJ
- Summer Intern - Noble Energy, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Economic Research Assistant - United Nations Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, Santiago, Chile
- Economist Intern - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington, DC
- Research Assistant, Trauma and Burns - Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Summer Analyst - Cornerstone Research, New York, NY
Economics Alumni from Princeton
Alumni have VOLUNTEERED to have students contact them for advice and information about majors and careers. The Alumni Careers Network (ACN), with 4,500 volunteers worldwide, is a searchable on-line database of Princeton alumni who are willing and eager for you to contact them so they can provide you with advice and assistance. Search the database for Economics alumni, to learn more about the careers that people from this major sometimes pursue.
Resources and Information Online
- Careers in Business
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Economists
- Career Overview - Economists
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Often professional association websites offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts. The National Trade and Professional Associations Directory in Career Services can provide more ideas.