Find another major of interest using the drop-down box below:
Electrical Engineering encompasses the basic physics of semiconductors, through electronic and optical devices, the design of computers, to algorithms and structures for biological and information technologies.
The major profile below includes: a sample of post-graduation plans of recent Princeton Electrical Engineering graduates, a sample of internships from those in the major, and online resources and professional associations offering career information.
Post-Graduation Plans of Recent Electrical Engineering Majors*
- Software Developer - Bloomberg, New York, NY
- Software Development Engineer - Microsoft, Redmond, WA
- Consultant - IBM Global Business, Fairfax, VA
- Consultant - Oliver Wyman, New York, NY
- Business Analyst - McKinsey & Company, Chicago, IL
- Operations Research Analyst - ZS Associates, Evanston, IL
- Quantitative Trading and Analysis Analyst - Citi, New York, NY
- Analyst - Dean Ventures, Vienna, VA
- Assistant Trader - Jane Street Capital, New York, NY
- Web Developer - Souther Baptist Convention, Istanbul, Turkey
- Electrical Engineering - M.S. - Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Electrical Engineering - M. Phil. - University of Cambridge, UK
- Electrical Engineering - M.S. / Ph.D. - Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Electrical Engineering - Ph.D. - Columbia University, New York, NY
- Robotics - M.S.E. - Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
- Biology - Ph.D. - University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Systems Biology - Ph.D. - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Neuroscience - Ph.D. - Stanford University, Stanford, CA
* These are actual jobs and graduate schools recent graduates accepted.
Internships of Recent Electrical Engineering Majors
- Developer - Microsoft, Redmond, WA
- Developer - NVIDIA, Santa Clara, CA
- Intern - Lockheed Martin, Valley Forge, PA
- Summer Intern (Electronic Devices and Materials Lab) - Palo Alto Research Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Intern (Hardwawa Digital Design Group) - Echostar Data Network, Atlanta, GA
- Engineering Intern - Basic Commerce and Industries, Inc., Moorestown, NJ
- Research Assistant (Neurosurgery) - Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Intern (Business Risk Services) - Ernst & Young, Asuncion, Paraguay
- Trading Intern - Jane Street Capital, New York, NY
Electrical Engineering Alumni from Princeton
Alumni have VOLUNTEERED to have students contact them for advice and information about majors and careers. The Alumni Careers Network (ACN), with 4,500 volunteers worldwide, is a searchable on-line database of Princeton alumni who are willing and eager for you to contact them so they can provide you with advice and assistance. Search the database for Electrical Engineering alumni, to learn more about the careers that people from this major sometimes pursue.
Resources and Information Online
- Electrical Engineering - Sloan Career Cornerstone Center
- Careers in Science and Engineering - A Student Planning Guide
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Engineers
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Often professional association websites offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts. The National Trade and Professional Association Directory in Career Services can provide more ideas.