Find another major of interest using the drop-down box below:
Molecular Biology is a multidiscipline filed which combines areas of biology, chemistry, genetics, and biochemistry to study cell interaction and regulation.
The major profile below includes: a sample of post-graduation plans of recent Princeton Molecular Biology graduates, a sample of internships from those in the major, and online resources and professional associations offering career information.
Post-Graduation Plans of Recent Molecular Biology Majors*
- Analyst - Nomura, New York, NY
- Research Assistant - Resources for the Future, Washington, DC
- Teacher - Teach for America, Oakland, CA
- Analyst - The Nielsen Company, Paramus, NJ
- Associate Consultant, Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA
- Fellow - Princeton Project 55: Norwalk Community Health, Norwalk, CT
- Paralegal - Princeton in Asia: Orrick Herrington and Stucliffe LLP, Hong Kong, China
- Oncobiology - Ph.D. - Boston University, Boston, MA
- Biomedical Science - M.A. - Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Linguistics - Ph.D. - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Medicine - M.D. - New York University, New York, NY
* These are actual jobs and graduate programs recent graduates accepted.
Internships of Recent Molecular Biology Majors
- Grevy's Zebra Project Intern - African Wildlife Foundation, Wamba, Kenya
- Digital Imaging Administration Staff - American College of Radiology Imaging Network, Philadelphia, PA
- Lab Researcher - Elettra Synchrotron, Trieste, Italy
- Summer Intern - National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Sumer Intern - The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, MA
- Intern - Gene Therapeutics Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Research Assistant - New York Blood Center, New York, NY
Molecular Biology Alumni from Princeton
Alumni have VOLUNTEERED to have students contact them for advice and information about majors and careers. The Alumni Careers Network (ACN), with 4,500 volunteers worldwide, is a searchable on-line database of Princeton alumni who are willing and eager for you to contact them so they can provide you with advice and assistance. Search the database for Molecular Biology alumni, to learn more about the careers that people from this major sometimes pursue.
Resources and Information Online
- American Society for Microbiology Careers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Biological Scientist
- Career Overview - Physicians & Surgeons
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Often professional association websites offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts. The National Trade and Professional Associations Directory in Career Services can provide more ideas.
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Society for Molecular Biology and Evolution
- American Society for Cell Biology
- American Institute of Biological Sciences