Find another major of interest using the drop-down box below:
The major in Religion allows concentrators the opportunity to study diverse cultures, peoples, texts and ideologies. Our charge is to do our best to examine religious life, the diverse forms it has taken in different cultures and historical periods, and the questions it poses for theoretical, ethical, and political reflection.
Post-Graduation Plans of Recent Religion Majors*
- Assistant Teacher - Rye Country Day School, Rye, NY
- Teacher - Teach for America, Washington, DC
- Talent Agent - William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyst - Citi, New York, NY
- Carbon Analyst/Production Assistant - EverWild Productions, New York, NY
- Teacher - Teach for America, Nashville, TN
- Research Assistant - University of California San Francisco, CA
- Khon Kaen University (Princeton in Asia), Thailand
- Education Through Music (Princeton Project 55), New York, NY
- Foster Care/ Adoption Fellow - New Alternatives for Children (Princeton Project 55), New York, NY
- Program Officer - World Faith Development Dialogue (Princeton Project 55), Washington, DC
- Intern - American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
- Journalism, M.A. - Columbia University, New York, NY
- Medicine, M.D. - UMDNJ, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
- Religious Studies, Ph.D. - Brown University, Hanover, NH
- Music Education, M.A. - Columbia University, New York, NY
- Law, J.D., Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
* These are actual jobs and graduate programs new graduates accepted.
Internships of Recent Religion Majors
- Intern - Child Family Health Internationa, Ecuador
- Brand Marketing Intern - Morgans Hotel Group, New York, NY
- Teaching Assistant - Pipeline Program, Atlanta, GA
- Global Health Leadership Intern - Unite for Sight, New Haven, CT
- Intern, Trusts, Estates & Appraisals - Christie's, New York, NY
- Editorial Intern - The New Yorker, New York, NY
- Counselor - One Heartland, Willow River, MN
Religion Alumni from Princeton
Alumni have VOLUNTEERED to have students contact them for advice and information about majors and careers. The Alumni Careers Network (ACN), with 4,500 volunteers worldwide, is a searchable on-line database of Princeton alumni who are willing and eager for you to contact them so they can provide you with advice and assistance. Search the database for Religion alumni, to learn more about the careers that people from this major sometimes pursue.
Resources and Information Online
- Why Study Religion?
- Clergy - Tasks Performed & Skills Required (O*NET)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Teachers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Counselors
- Action Without Borders
- Career Overview
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Often professional association websites offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts. The National Trade and Professional Associations Directory in Career Services can provide more ideas.