Symposium and Celebration in honor of Ignacio Rodriguez-Iturbe's 70th Birthday
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering held a symposium and celebration in honor of Ignacio Rodriguez-Iturbe’s 70th Birthday on Monday, March 19th and Tuesday, March 20th at McCormick Hall on the Princeton University campus. Guests included family, colleagues, collaborators and former students. They were given an opportunity to give workshops on several topics related to Ignacio's field.
A welcoming reception was held on the evening of Sunday, March 18th to greet the guests.
Topics covered during the 2-day event were:
1. "Space-Time Soil Moisture Dynamics", Amilcare Porporato, Duke University
2. "Stochastic Models of Rainfall", Valerie Isham, Universityof London, Imperial College
3. "Coupling ecohyrological theory and observation", Kelly Caylor, Princeton University
4. "A Conversation about Hydrology with Peter S. Eagleson and Ignacio Rodriguez-Iturbe", Moderator: Rafael L. Bras
5. "Hydrologic controls on epidemics of water-borne disease", Andrea Rinaldo, EPFL
6. "Water for Food", Paolo D'Odorico, University of Virginia
7. "Hydrology and Biodiversity", Rachata Muneeperakul, Arizona State University
8. "Wetlands Ecohydrology", Marco Marani, Duke University
The workshops were well-attended by faculty, staff, and current postdocs and students, and lively discussions followed each.
A poster session on Tuesday, March 19th ended the event.