- Power, Speed and Form--Engineers and the Making of the Twentieth Century (with David P. Billington, Jr.), Princeton University Press, 2006, 294 pages.
- Big Dams of the New Deal Era--A Confluence of Engineering and Politics (with Donald C. Jackson), University of Oklahoma Press, 2006, 416 pages.
- Engineering Innovation at Bonneville Dam (with Abbie Liel), Technology and Culture, July 2008, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 727-751.
- Felix Candela: Engineer, Builder, Structural Artist (with Maria E. Moreyra Garlock), Yale University Press, Princeton University Art Museum, 2008, 207 pages.
- Bayonne Bridge: The Work of Othmar Ammann, Masterbuilder (with Ashley Thrall), Journal of Bridge Engineering: ASCE, November/December 2008, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 635-643.