2017 Combustion Summer School
The 8th edition of Princeton-CEFRC-CI Summer School on Combustion will be held from June 25th to June 30th, 2017. We are planning for a week long exciting program. The details and the application link will be available around end of January. Stay Tuned!!!!
2016 Combustion Summer School
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2016 session is scheduled for June 19 to June 24, 2016. Participants will select from the following courses:
- Combustion Dynamics to be delivered by Professor Sébastien M. Candel of École Centrale Paris
- Chemical Kinetic Modeling for Combustion to be delivered by Professor Henry J. Curran of National University of Ireland, Galway
- Combustion Physics to be delivered by Professor Chung K Law of Princeton University
- Advanced Laser Diagnostics in Combustion Research to be delivered by Professor Mark A. Linne of University of Edinburgh
- Turbulent Combustion: Experiments and Fundamental Models to be delivered by Professor James F. Driscoll of University of Michgan
First time attendees are encouraged to attend the Combustion Physics and Chemical Kinetic Modelling for Combustion. Senior grad students and staffs can select either these fundamental courses or other three advanced courses.
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception:
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 18, 2016 for additional lodging charge.
Class Schedule: Classes will be held from Monday, June 20, 2016 through Friday, June 24, 2016.
Summer School Celebration Dinner: The summer school will host a celebration dinner for all lecturers and participants Thursday evening June 23.
Departure and Check Out: Dormitory check out is Friday, June 24, 2016. Participates can arrange for late check-out on Saturday, June 25, 2016 for additional lodging cost.
- Application deadline: March 18, 2016
- Recommendation deadline: March 25, 2016
- Acceptance announcement: April 05, 2016
- Registration deadline: April 15, 2016
- Payment receipt deadline: April 29, 2016
- No refunds given after Friday, May 20, 2016