Combustion Summer School
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2013 session, scheduled for June 23 to June 28, 2013, will offer four courses:
Participants will select two courses from the following:
- Combustion Theory, to be delivered by Professor Moshe Matalon of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign;
- Combustion Chemistry, to be delivered by Professor Michael J. Pilling of the University of Leeds;
- Quantitative Laser Diagnostics for Combustion Chemistry and Propulsion, to be delivered by Professor Ronald K. Hanson of Stanford University; and
- Computational Turbulent Combustion, to be delivered by Dr. Thierry Poinsot of the Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse, CNRS.
First Time Participants to the Combustion Summer School will be enrolled in the two foundation courses: Combustion Theory and Combustion Chemistry. First time participants may enroll in Quantitative Laser Diagnostics for Combustion Chemistry and Propulsion and Computational Turbulent Combustion only by special request from his/her advisor.
Returning Participants (i.e., those participants who attended the 2010, 2011 and/or the 2012 Session) may enroll in either Combustion Theory and Combustion Chemistry OR Quantitative Laser Diagnostics for Combustion Chemistry and Propulsion and Computational Turbulent Combustion.
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception:
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 5:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 22, 2013.
Class Schedule: Classes will be held from Monday, June 24, 2013 through Friday, June 28, 2013.
Summer School Closing Dinner: The summer school will conclude with a dinner and wrap-up session on Friday evening, June 28.
Departure and Check Out: Dormitory check out is Saturday, June 29, 2013.
- Application deadline: March 15, 2013
- Recommendation deadline: March 22, 2013
- Acceptance announcement: March 29, 2013
- Registration deadline: April 15, 2013
- Payment receipt deadline: May 10, 2013