2015 Combustion Summer School
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2015 session is scheduled for June 21 to June 26, 2015. Participants will select from the following courses:
- Dynamics of Combustion Waves: From Flames to Detonations to be delivered by Professor Paul Clavin of Aix-Marseille Université
- Combustion Chemistry to be delivered by Professor Hai Wang of Stanford University
- Quantitative Laser Diagnostics for Combustion Chemistry and Propulsion to be delivered by Professor Ronald K. Hanson of Stanford University
- Computational Turbulent Combustion to be delivered by Dr. Thierry Poinsot of the Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse, CNRS
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception:
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 21, 2015.
Class Schedule: Classes will be held from Monday, June 22, 2015 through Friday, June 26, 2015.
Summer School Closing Dinner: The summer school will conclude with a dinner and wrap-up session on Friday evening, June 26.
Departure and Check Out: Dormitory check out is Saturday, June 27, 2015.
- Application deadline: March 13, 2015
- Recommendation deadline: March 20, 2015
- Acceptance announcement: March 27, 2015
- Registration deadline: April 10, 2015
- Payment receipt deadline: April 24, 2015
- No refunds given after Friday, May 15, 2015