2017 Princeton-Combustion Institute Summer School on Combustion
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2017 session is scheduled for June 25 to June 30, 2017. Participants will select two (one from morning session and one from afternoon session) from the following courses:
- Combustion and Fuels Chemistry and Kinetics to be delivered by Professor William H. Green of Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Advanced Laser Diagnostics in Turbulent Combustion to be delivered by Professor Andreas Dreizler of Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany
- Combustion Theory to be delivered by Professor Moshe Matalon of University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Advanced Combustion Chemistry
- Frontiers in Combustion Technologies
First time attendees are encouraged to attend the foundation courses, Combustion and Fuels Chemistry and Kinetics and Combustion Theory.
Pre-requisite for Advanced Combustion Chemistry: Due to the advanced nature of this course, a knowledge of fundamental Combustion Chemistry (either Prof. Green’s course in the morning session or a similar course in previous years) is required.
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception:
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 24, 2017 for additional lodging charge.
Class Schedule: Classes will be held from Monday, June 26, 2017 through Friday, June 30, 2017.
Summer School Celebration Dinner: The summer school will host a celebration dinner for all lecturers and participants Thursday evening June 29.
Departure and Check Out: Dormitory check out is Friday, June 30, 2017. Participates can arrange for late check-out on Saturday, July 1, 2017 for additional lodging cost.
- Application deadline: March 17, 2017
- Recommendation deadline: March 24, 2017
- Acceptance announcement: April 3, 2017
- Registration deadline: April 14, 2017
- Payment receipt deadline: April 28, 2017
- No refunds given after Friday, May 20, 2017
Princeton - Combustion Institute Summer School
321 Bowen Hall
70 Prospect Avenue
Princeton, NJ 08540
T 609 258 1575 | F 609 258 1177