Combustion Summer School
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2014 session is scheduled for June 22 to June 27, 2014. Participants will select from the following courses:
- Combustion Theory and Applications in CFD, to be delivered by Professor Heinz Pitsch of the RWTH Aachen University;
- Reciprocating Engines, to be delivered by Professor Rolf D. Reitz of the University of Wisconsin at Madison;
- Combustion and Fuels Chemistry, to be delivered by Professor William H. Green of MIT;
- Combined 3- and 2- day courses: Unsteady Combustor Processes, to be delivered by Prof. Timothy C. Lieuwen of Georgia Tech, this is a 3-day course; and New Developments in Combustion Technology, to be delivered by Dr. George A. Richards, NETL, DOE, this is a 2-day course.
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception:
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 21, 2014.
Class Schedule: Classes will be held from Monday, June 23, 2013 through Friday, June 27, 2014.
Summer School Closing Dinner: The summer school will conclude with a dinner and wrap-up session on Friday evening, June 27.
Departure and Check Out: Dormitory check out is Saturday, June 28, 2014.
- Application deadline: March 14, 2014
- Recommendation deadline: March 21, 2014
- Acceptance announcement: March 28, 2014
- Registration deadline: April 11, 2014
- Payment receipt deadline: April 25, 2014
- No refunds given after Friday, May 16, 2014