U.S. Health Policy Scholars Program
The U.S. Health Policy Scholars Program will provide outstanding Princeton undergraduates with funding for travel and research to pursue internships and senior thesis research that relate to U.S. health policy. This competitive program, administered by the Center for Health and Wellbeing, is open to students from all departments.
Up to five juniors will be selected each year for the program through a rigorous application and selection process focusing on both academic performance and plans for work and research on health policy issues.
The Scholars are supported by the program through their junior and senior years. Scholars receive financial support to engage in health-related internships or independent research on U.S. health policy in the summer before the senior year, and are expected to write senior theses on topics in U.S. health policy.
The Scholars may also participate in planning health policy seminars and lectures, and they have the opportunity to interact with distinguished speakers during their campus visits.
Read about the Class of 2015 U.S. Health Policy Scholars.
How to Apply
Students apply for the program in the fall semester of the junior year. The 2014 application deadline is Monday, November 3rd. Applicants are required to submit the following items :
- A completed application form
- Unofficial transcript (a PDF version obtained from TigerHub is acceptable)
- Resume that has information on extracurricular and other activities
- Statement of no more than 1000 words that describes reasons for applying and plans for course work and research in U.S. health policy during the junior and senior year.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member, emailed directly from the faculty member’s email account to email@example.com.
The application form, transcript, resume and statement should be combined into a single PDF file and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday, November 3rd. Please use the subject header U.S. Health Policy Scholars Program Application.
The letter of recommendation should also be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on November 3rd. Please ask the recommender to use the subject header U.S. Health Policy Scholars Program Recommendation.