The Department of Classics provides Graduate Students who are on the job market, with a Dossier Service. If you would like the Graduate Administrator to send your dossier to prospective employers, please ensure that you provide her with the following:
- Release Form: Obtain form from the Graduate Administrator, sign and return for the file.
- List of Prospective Employers: include the institution name, contact person, address and the application deadline.
- CV: Write/revise your CV, please have the Director of Graduate Studies review your CV before sending out your Dossier.
- Official Transcript : Obtain directly from the Registrar's Office at their web site. Please check for any errors or missing items. Normally we only need one original, occasionally an institution may specifically ask for an original transcript, not a photocopy. You should request at least two so that we will have an extra in the file.
- Teaching Experience: Outline summary of teaching: simply list course taught, rank (e.g. AI, Acting Instructor), term and year plus a short description of course and what you did for it.
- Letters of Recommendation: Secure letters of recommendation. You should have at least three but no more than five. If you have outside recommenders please ask them to send their letters directly to the Graduate Administrator.
- Teaching Evaluations (optional).
It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the Dossier package is complete. When making a request, be aware that normally the package sent will include the items received. If you are unsure about the completeness of your package, please verify with the Graduate Administrator in Room 141B East Pyne.