November 15, 2016
Dear Friends and Colleagues ,
We are pleased to announce the 25th Conference on Chinese Language Instruction, sponsored by the East Asian Studies Program at Princeton University, on Saturday, April 29, 2017, from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
As in previous years for our conference, we welcome proposals for presentations concerning all types of research on Chinese language learning and teaching. The conference aims to include, but is not limited to, the following themes:
· Development of Materials: What kind of materials can better meet the challenges of varied language instruction?
· Culture in Language Study: What is the relation of language and culture to the design of Chinese language courses?
· Testing and Assessment: What are the true indicators of students’ language achievements? How do differences in learners’ backgrounds affect their performance?
· Instruction of Classical Chinese
· History of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language
· Language Learning for Heritage Students
· Innovative Classroom Applications of Second-Language-Acquisition Theories
· Computer-Assisted Language Learning
The Program Committee accepts submissions of one-page proposals, in either English or Chinese, for a fifteen-minute presentation on subjects relevant to the themes listed above. Proposals must be submitted by the January 15th, 2017 deadline. Individual proposals will be grouped into panels according to themes.
Limited funding for travel expenses (up to $500.00 if traveling from overseas, $300.00 if traveling by airplane in North America (includes Canada), including local transportation; and up to $100.00 by automobile or train, including tolls and incidentals) will only be available to participants who present papers, one person per institution . We realize this may not be sufficient to cover the actual cost of travel, but we hope you will be able to secure additional funds from your home institution. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided on Saturday for all participants.
If you are interested in attending, or submitting a proposal for presentation, please submit a Reply Form (1 Reply Form per Attendee) before the January 15, 2017 deadline.
If you are unable to access the Reply Form, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professor, East Asian Studies
Director, Chinese Language Program