To scan a document or photo on a cluster Mac:
- In the Applications > Adobe PhotoShop CS5 folder, click Adobe PhotoShop CS5.
- Go to File > Import and select the model of the scanner connected to the computer.
- Place the document or photo you want to scan face-down on the scanner glass, against the left edge and with the top of the item toward you (an arrow stamped into the plastic indicates which corner to match up).
- Click Scan.
- After editing the photo if desired, click File > Save As. Type a name for the file in the Save As field and browse for a location in the Where field. If scanning a document that you want to convert to text using OCR, save as a JPEG file.
- Remove your document or photo from the scanner.
To scan Text on a cluster Mac:
- In the Applications > ReadIris 9 folder, click ReadIris 9.0.
- Click File > Open Document.
- Browse to the location of the image file you created when scanning the document. Double-click the name of your file.
- After the image file has loaded, click Process > Recognize Document.
- In Save As, select a name for the PDF file that will be created. In Where, select a location for the file.
- Click Save.
- Open the PDF file and proofread the text, as OCR technology is not perfect, and errors are possible.