The Office of Communications promotes and protects Princeton University's reputation of excellence. We do so by developing and implementing clear, consistent and engaging strategies that enhance public understanding of Princeton, its people and its value to society. The Office supports the University by developing, creating and publishing materials vital to its mission.
While many important issues arise, the Office of Communications is most focused on matters that:
- emphasize the exceptional scholarly quality of our faculty and its commitment both to teaching and to the discovery of new knowledge and understanding;
- showcase our diversity, particularly in the student body, with special attention to our unparalleled commitment affordability through financial aid;
- expand international appreciation of Princeton and national awareness of its international endeavors; and
- promote President Eisgruber and focus attention on his leadership and initiatives.
- We envision developing productive partnerships through collaboration
- We envision consistently creating strategic, innovative and effective messaging
- We envision ourselves as trailblazers in all aspects of higher education communication
- We envision a nurturing environment where every individual is empowered to learn, share and grow for the good of the office and the University
The members of the Office of Communications strive to incorporate the following values in all we do:
- Respect for others
- Collaborative spirit
- Intellectual growth
- Life/work balance
Integrity: Good relationships are built on honesty, respect, clarity, consistency and trust. We honor the commitments that we make.
Respect for others: We see the best intentions in others and don't make assumptions. We treat others the way we want to be treated, in ways that acknowledge and uplift human dignity and worth.
Collaborative spirit: Recognizing that outcomes tend to be better when shaped by more than one perspective, we seek opportunities to work collaboratively and efficiently. This spirit is best achieved when we collectively share and build upon ideas with a common purpose.
Intellectual growth: We challenge ourselves to learn and share knowledge to create new opportunities for ourselves and for others and to remain advanced in our fields of expertise.
Creativity: We explore new approaches, encourage innovation and use our ability to transcend traditional practices, patterns, relationships and ideas in order to examine challenges and generate novel solutions.
Life/work balance: We are dedicated professionals who strive for excellence in everything we do. We understand that, to perform at our best, we need time to take care of important life issues that center us. We will exemplify behavior and promote dialogue that respects this need for proper balance.
Fun: We plan in a way that gives us room to do rewarding work and have light-hearted moments that bring joy.