Collaboration is a key communication tool so Communications team members work together often. For efficiency, the office is organized into three prime teams, comprising highly-skilled, dedicated individuals and offering comprehensive services.
The Executive Team responds to external requests and provides guidance and support to the creative, editorial and technical professionals who work in:
- strategic communications;
- media relations and publicity;
- campus periodical writing and editing;
- print publication design, writing and editing;
- Website design, development, information architecture and content management system integration;
- photographic and video services;
- identity and branding;
- media event coordination;
- project management;
- copyright and trademark protection;
- and more.
News and Editorial Services Team
The News and Editorial Services Team shares the story of Princeton's excellence, leadership, diversity and discovery with external and internal audiences. Team members most often work with news reporters and faculty, staff and students who have news to disseminate, as well as critical content for priority materials.
The team's primary focus is:
- editorial services, including content organization, editing and writing;
- media relations, including responding to media inquiries, media event coordination and releasing news from Princeton;
- News at Princeton, the online repository for University news;
- Princeton University Bulletin, an eight-page tabloid newspaper that also is available online; and
- social media, including Princeton's Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites.
Web and Visual Communication Team
The Web and Visual Communication Team creates and enhances websites that are essential for conveying and accessing key University initiatives while also providing a variety of visual design strategy and content. Team members add value to projects by employing comprehensive analysis and creative strategy.
Team members contribute their expertise in project management, writing and editing, visual design, Web design, photography, video and multimedia production, information architecture, usability and accessibility standards, and site development.
The team collaborates with OIT's Web Development Services group to develop and design websites.
Among the team's areas of focus are:
- University's main website and other core Web projects;
- upholding University requirements for Princeton websites;
- Roxen Web content management system integration;
- videos and other multimedia;
- design for print, electronic and specialty items;
- graphic identity development and implementation;
- electronic publishing;
- digital pre-press for print projects; and