Trash Artstravaganza contest
TRASH Artstravaganza 2013
A Sustainability Art Contest
Part of Princeton University’s Community and Staff Day
Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013 • Jadwin Gymnasium
Carry artwork in at 10 a.m. • Prizes will be awarded by noon. • Artwork can be taken home by 1 p.m.
- 2-D art (for example: drawings, paintings, pastels)
- 3-D art (for example: sculpture)
- Creative writing or poetry
- Video or animation (must be under five minutes in length and submitted on DVD or flash drive)
- Songs (for example: ballads, jingles, rap) (must be under five minutes in length)
- Architectural models
- Fashion design (for example: clothing, hats,bags, jewelry)
- Theatrical or dance performance (for a small stage and less than 5 minutes)
- Multi-media or mixed media (for example: performance art, human/art interaction) (must be under five minutes in length)
Everyone is welcome to participate. Create a piece of art with a sustainability theme and/or re-purposed materials.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST ~
RSVP via email by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2013 to LMCANTOR@PRINCETON.EDU. You must include your name(s), phone number, email address, category you are entering, title of your artwork, sustainability theme or sustainable materials used, and dimensions of your artwork. An entry number will be sent to your email address within 24 to 48 hours.
On the day of the contest, Oct. 12, 2013:
- Bring your art, entry number, and forms to Jadwin Gymnasium by 10 a.m.
- Attach the entry form to your artwork. If you would like Bonus Points, list the materials you used on the back of your entry form.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian complete the Release Form, and include it with your entry.
- All artwork must fit, fully assembled, through a standard doorway and weigh under 100 pounds.
- All artwork must be family-friendly regarding theme and physical safety.
- Entrants are solely responsible for transportation, set-up and haul-away of all artwork.
- Entries will be judged on creativity of theme and execution, sustainable materials used, and overall artistic quality.
- Bonus points will be awarded, at the discretion of the judges, for use of re-purposed materials (that is, trash).
- At the discretion of the judges, first, second, and third prizes of local and sustainable gift baskets will be awarded in each category.
- One grand prize — BEST IN SHOW — will be awarded, a check for $1,000 to be made payable and addressed to the nonprofit (501c3) sustainability organization designated by the winning artist.
You must be present to win.
Your efforts with this initiative may be publicized. Entries that the judges deem as plagiarizing or otherwise infringing on copyright-protected material will be disqualified. All artwork remaining in Jadwin Gymnasium after 2 p.m. will be recycled.
Trash Tips (.pdf)