“A good editor doesn't rewrite words, she rewires synapses.” - S. Kelley Harrell
Want some constructive feedback on your writing? Try First Draft, our writing resource for authors-to-be. Simply submit your creative writing and personal essays via e-mail, and a Princeton University student editor will offer comments and suggestions.
This program is for writers ages 13-17, and runs from October - April.
- We accept creative writing and personal essays. We do not accept poetry, school assignments, or college essays.
- Please include your first name and age on the same page as your submission. You do not need to include your last name.
- Submissions cannot exceed 1,500 words.
- Please submit your work typed, double spaced, and in Times New Roman font.
- We accept e-mail attachments only. We do not accept shared files (such as Google Drive or Dropbox), postal mail, or documents hand-delivered to our offices.
- You may submit 1 new writing piece per month. We cannot accept multiple submissions or revised versions of previously submitted pieces.
- Please wait until a pending writing piece has been returned before sending a new one.
Ready to submit your work? E-mail: email@example.com