- Research and course-related. Work done in support of Princeton courses, non-funded research, and student theses will not be billed. Such work may come directly from faculty, or indirectly from OIT or other department staff.
- Bug fixes. Work required to keep applications we have built running due to bug fixes (i.e., program errors that are our fault) or system changes on a DAS-run web hosting service will not be billed. Current DAS-run web hosting services are WebLamp and dotNET.
- Meetings. Consultations about proposed projects or reviews of work on ongoing projects will not be billed.
- Consulting. Academic Services staff will advise OIT colleagues and customers in their areas of expertise at no cost, as long as this does not translate into work being done for the advisee.
- Small projects and tasks
- Any work that can be completed in 30 hours or less will not be billed.
- When possible, we will attempt to give small projects and tasks priority scheduling.
- DAS staff time will be billed at the rate of $50.00 per hour, for time spent beyond 30 hours.
- Projects. Unless one or more points above are met, work on DAS projects will be billed at the hourly rate shown below.
- Elapsed hours will be kept track of on a daily basis and will be rounded to the nearest quarter hour.
- Projects will receive a write-up and price quote before they are undertaken.
- If we underestimate the required time, and that is due to our error, we will stick to the original estimated amount for billing purposes.
- If a customer asks for features not included when the original project write-up and estimate were created, we will bill the customer for the extra time needed to implement those features after first presenting a write-up and a revised cost estimate.
- Projects are billed at the completion of work. We do not accept payment in advance.
- Enhancements. Work undertaken to change the functionality of finished projects will be billed as above, unless the request is made within 60 days of the completion of the original. In this case there will be no 30 free hours.
- All work requested of DAS should be specified using our work request form at http://www.princeton.edu/das/workrequest/.
- By entering into a project agreement the Requestor agrees to provide user acceptance testing of the delivered software and to email reports to the DAS developer concerning any anomalies found or lack thereof.
- Following the project sign-off meeting the Requestor agrees to provide timely confirmation to the DAS manager via email when all requirements specified in the agreement have been met.