DeSC Non-SFI Managed
Managed Environment for Windows Devices Without an OIT Image
DeSC Non-SFI Managed is a managed Windows computing environment offering for University faculty and staff devices with fewer restrictions. Any Active Directory Domain or Non-Domain device is permissible as long as it is running Windows XP to Windows 8 versions capable of joining to the Domain and meets the below criteria.
See Knowledgebase Article 1034 for more information, including the full list of criteria for participating in DeSC Non-SFI Managed Domain and Non Domain environments.
How to Join a Windows Device
To join a Windows device , that meet the below criteria, to the Non-SFI Managed environment:
- Review the DeSC Non-SFI Managed requirements and setup device accordingly
- On the computer you want to add to DeSC Non-SFI log into the KACE Software Portal at www.princeton.edu/kace and select "WIN - Enroll Non-SFI Managed Environment"
If you have multiple machines to add to the DeSC Non-SFI manged environment, you may complete and submit the Non-SFI Managed "Opt-In" Request Form and the distribution will be deployed silently to your machines.
The DeSC Non-SFI Manage distribution does not require a reboot.
- Receive Microsoft updates through Windows Software Updates (WSUS)
- Receive Mozilla Firefox install (if it is not installed)
- Receives the following updates:
- McAfee ePO Agent
- Dell KACE Agent
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Air