The minimum hardware standard will be updated approximately every twelve months, or as changes in technology dictate. The current minimum hardware standard has the specifications listed below.
To participate in the community of computers administered by DeSC, a computer must meet or exceed these requirements. In order to participate in DeSC environment, computers must be part of the Princeton Active Directory domain. Departments also must adhere to the Software Rules.
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 2M, 1066MHz FSBIntel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 2M, 1066MHz FSB
- 2.0GB DDR2 Non-ECC SDRAM, 667MHz, (2DIMM)
- 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO
- Dell 17 inch UltraSharp™ 1707FP Flat Panel, Adjustable Stand, VGA/DVI
- 80GB SATA 3.0Gb/s and 8MB DataBurst Cache™
- 48X32 CDRW/DVD Combo
- Integrated Network Interface Card
- Keyboard/Optical Mouse
- Desktop and Minitower - RAID Configuration or Small Form Factor Case (limited expandability -- larger cases available as an option) - Configured for DeSC Folder Redirection Service
- 4 Year NBD On-Site Service
Please note: To participate in the DeSC Standard environment, computers must be Dell Optiplexes or Latitudes. No other manufacturers or models are supported in DeSC Standard.
This minimum standard is scheduled to be updated in December 2010. For information see the DeSC Hardware timeline/roadmap.