Managed Mac Computing Enviornment with Flexibility
MacDeSC Lite is a managed Mac computing environment offering more flexibility and fewer restrictions for University faculty and staff desktop and laptop computers. Any Mac model is permissible as long as it can be setup using the MacDeSC process and can join the Princeton domain.
Central Software Set
Lion (10.7), Moutain Lion (10.8) & Mavericks (10.9) Desktops and Laptops
The software set for MacDeSC computers will be updated periodically using the Dell KACE and Apple Software Update Server automated software distribution system.
Prior to scheduled software updates and changes, MacDeSC participants will be notified of the updates and changes by way of their Departmental contact.
Apple Lion OS X - 10.7, Mountain Lion OSX - 10.8 and Mavericks - 10.9 (operating systems), iChat, Java, Quicktime and Safari (web browser).
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage)
- JAMF Software Casper agent client software (for software distribution via the network and system inventory)
- Dell KACE agent (for software distribution via the network and system inventory)
- McAfee Security for Macintosh (Mac OS X virus protection)
- Sassafras KeyAccess/KeyVerify)
- TSM (network backup software)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- RealNetworks RealPlayer
- Adobe Shockwave Player