The DeSC software set will be updated periodically using Dell KACE or GPO automated software distribution systems.
Prior to these software distributions, notification will be sent to the DeSC Contacts.
DeSC using Sassfras KeyServer client software to monitor use of the DeSC Standard Licensed Concurrent applications (Adobe Acrobat Professional, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver).
DeSC Licensed Software Update - July 2012
As of summer 2012 Adobe Dreamweaver will no longer be automatically distributed to newly imaged DeSC and MacDeSC Standard computers., Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop and InDesign will be distributed. Dreamweaver is available in the Dell KACE Software Library for installation by a member of SCAD/DCS group or Desktop Support on DeSC Standard machines.
DeSC Standard Environment
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign are deployed to DeSC Windows machines by Dell KACE
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign are also available as Software Library Self-installs under the same rules above.
MacDeSC Standard Environment
- As of January 2013, all newly-imaged MacDeSC machines will get Mountain Lion
KACE Weekend Patching
The below listed central software distribution to DeSC Standard & Lite and MacDeSC Standard & Lite computers will be deployed on weekends but only if there updates/patches available. Notification will be posted on the OIT Patching/Updates SharePoint site if new updates have been enabled for that weekend. OIT Help Desk will also send a notification to the SOC Twitter followers.
Deploys the following software if it is not installed on computer:
- Mozilla Firefox
- McAfee Endpoint Protection Security Software (McAfee ePO)
Distributes updates to the following software if it is installed on the computer
- ePO Agent
- KACE Agent
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Air
- McAfee Security Software (McAfee ePO)