Virtual Solutions Pilot Environment
1. Install KACE Agent
KACE Agent Installation Documentation: KB article http://kb.princeton.edu/1104.
2. Install Citrix Receiver for Production Pilot Environment
Windows and OS X: Log in to KACE Software Portal and select “Install Citrix Receiver - Windows” or “Install Citrix Receiver - Mac” from the list of software.
Citrix will install silently in the background. Installation is complete when a KACE message window appears.
Tthe Receiver icon will be visible in the Windows system tray or in OS X Application folder.
iOS and Android Devices: Go to http://receiver.citrix.com and select “View other devices” link if your device is not visible or search for Citrix Receiver in your device store.
3. Setup Citrix Receiver for Production Pilot Environment
- Click “ADD YOUR FAVORITE APPS” by clicking the ”+” on the left side of the Citrix Receiver window
- Click “All Applications”, find and select your application from the left menu. A green check mark will appear next to the software name once it has been added to your Citrix Launchpad (the Citrix main green window)
- Go back the Citrix Receiver Launchpad and click on the now visible application button to open. First time launch may take approximately 45 seconds.
- Windows: Minimize the green Citrix Receiver window to see the Citrix progress bar window labeled with your application's name (i.e. RDP Client). Click on the arrow next to "More Information" to see the application start up progress details.
- Macs OS X: You will see “Starting application name:” with a spinning wheel in the center of the green Citrix Receiver window.