Mission and Goals
It is the mission of OIT Software Support to:
- To provide Tier II software field support services to the administrative and academic campus community.
- To assist departments to determine computing needs.
- To work closely with other groups within OIT to provide economical, efficient and accurate computing support services.
- To assist with the delivery and implementation of the Faculty and Research Computer programs.
- To provide field assistance with special OIT projects.
- To provide backup SCAD/DCS departmental assistance.
- Manage workstations in the Princeton Domain.
- Provide software support for students, faculty and staff at the OIT Solutions Center Tech Clinic in Frist during normal University business hours.
- Provide full support for ~3000 DeSC machines (both proactive and reactive).
- Provide TSM backup and restore assistance for Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Document and the Windows image creation process for both DeSC, FCP, and Non-DeSC.
- Document the update the setup and replacement of a DeSC machines (the entire process).
- Document the Mac OS X image creation process.
- Support and maintenance of the OIT computer training classrooms.
- Support and maintenance of the CIAB project (Classroom in a box).
- Online reports for support staff on DeSC machines, TSM backups and Active Directory machine information.
- McAfee workstation client technical support and client installers.
- Assistance with computer security and removal of hacks/attacks from Windows computers.
- Setup of mobile devices.
- Email conversion from IMAP to Exchange.
- Work in conjunction with Windows Systems to automate software deployment and machine policies.
- Create and support application packages for DeSC for SCCM and Active Directory deployment
- Monitor the DeSC Keyserver.