Ten Representative Publications:
- S. Ha, S. Sen, C. Joe-Wong, Y. Im, and M. Chiang, "TUBE: Time dependent pricing for mobile data," Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, August 2012.
- H. Inaltekin, M. Chiang, and H. V. Poor, "Delay of social search on small world graphs", Journal of Mathematical Sociology, 2012.
- D. Xu, M. Chiang, and J. Rexford, "Link-state routing with hop-by-hop forwarding achieves optimal traffic engineering", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1717-1730, November 2011.
- S. Liu, M. Chen, S. Sengupta, M. Chiang, J. Li, and P. A. Chou, "P2P streaming capacity", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 5072-5087, August 2011.
- T. Lan and M. Chiang, "An axiomatic theory of fairness", Technical report, 2011.
- A. Tang, J. Wang, S. H. Low, and M. Chiang, "Equilibrium of heterogeneous congestion control protocols: Existence and uniqueness", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 824-837, July 2007. A. Tang, D. Wei, S. H. Low, and M. Chiang, ‘Equilibrium of heterogeneous congestion control: Optimality and stability’, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 844-857, June 2010.
- M. Chiang, S. H. Low, A. R. Calderbank, and J. C. Doyle, "Layering as optimization decomposition: A mathematical theory of network architectures", Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 255-312, January 2007.
- P. Hande, S. Rangan, M. Chiang, and X. Wu, "Distributed uplink power control for optimal SIR assignment in cellular data networks", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1430-1443, November 2008.
- M. Chiang, "Geometric programming for communication systems", Foundations and Trends in Communication and Information Theory, vol. 2, no. 1-2, pp. 1-154, August 2005.
- T. M. Cover and M. Chiang, "Duality between channel capacity and rate distortion with two-sided state information", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1629-1638, June 2002.