Peretsman Scully Hall and Princeton Neuroscience Institute
The two-building complex, completed in December 2013, houses the interdisciplinary Princeton Neuroscience Institute, which was located in the Thomas and Moffett laboratories near the south end of campus since it was established in 2005. It also houses the Department of Psychology, formerly located in Green Hall on Washington Road. Green Hall was built in 1927.
The Institute and Department of Psychology share the imaging facilities on the lowest level of the complex. Each Department is housed in its own building giving the appearance of two separate buildings sitting on a common pedestal.
The buildings feature state-of-the-art research facilities, meeting rooms, faculty offices and instructional space. The complex is located south of the Icahn Laboratory on the ellipse. As part of a natural sciences "neighborhood," the buildings join other science, teaching, and research buildings located to the east and west of Washington Road, now linked by Streicker Bridge.
The design of the building is intended to meet LEED Silver standards, and includes the following features:
- Natural lighting, automatic lighting controls
- Stormwater reclamation system for non-potable use
- High performance exterior façade featuring outer ribbed glass sunscreen and inner high-performance glass
- Energy efficient HVAC system including heat-recovery system
- Low flow plumbing fixtures
This image was taken on April 10, 2014. (Click the image to see a larger version.) Renderings and construction photos are located in the photo gallery. Please note that renderings and artists' conceptions are presented here for historical purposes only. The final designs of these projects may have evolved since these renderings were created.