Update: Hibben and Magie Apartment Residents- Electric Service Restored
Power has been restored at the Hibben and Magie Apartments. Thank you for your patience.
UPDATE: 6:30 p.m.
PSE&G continues to report that power should be restored to your residence by 10 p.m. this evening. A few reminders:
- CO detectors may start beeping due to the battery. To stop the beeping, please carefully unplug the unit and remove the battery (remove the panel located on the back of the unit to access the battery) The Housing Department will visit each unit over the next few days to replace the batteries.
- After the power is restored please allow about two hours for the hot water, heating and elevator to be operational. These systems take some time to restart.
Thank you for your continued patience. Updates will be posted as information becomes available.
UPDATE: 5:00 p.m.
PSE&G has reported that power should be restored to your residence by 10 p.m. this evening. In the meantime please be aware of the following:
- Safety and security field lighting will be provided to allow access from your vehicle or the shuttle to your residence.
- Use caution on the stairs – lighting will be minimal!
- There will be some lighting in the Magie Community Room during the evening hours.
- Do not open your refrigerator or freezer; this will keep items cold and frozen.
- Dillon Gym will be open until 9:45 p.m. this evening. The attendant at the desk will allow residents and family members of Hibben and Magie to use the showers. Please bring your Princeton ID, as you will be asked to show it. Residents must provide their own towels and toiletries.
- Cots will also be provided at Dillon Gym. Residents must provide their own sheets, pillows and blankets.
- Housing staff will be providing flashlights on site.
Please check this site through the evening as updates will be posted as information becomes available.