Instructions To Access Information Warehouse and Run TigerCard Reports
Logging into ReportNet and Running Canned TigerCard Reports:
- The TigerCard Package is in the Production instance of the Information Warehouse.
- To navigate to the Information Warehouse, open your Internet Explorer, navigate to the Princeton Homepage, click on “Administration & Services” in the left-side, then “Business Systems”, then “DataMall” on the bottom of the page.
- You can also use this URL to open the Information Warehouse Homepage (IW) directly: http://web.princeton.edu/sites/datamall/
- Once at the IW Homepage, click on “Enter the Information Warehouse” link found in the middle of the page.
- Log onto the system with your LDAP NetID and Password.
- After you log into the ReportNet tool, click on “Public Folders”, then the “TigerCard” Package.
- Once inside the TigerCard Package, you will find all of the TigerCard canned reports. You can run any of these reports when you need.
- FYI: Data is refreshed nightly for the reports. It will take 24 hours from the time the information is ENTERED into the system by the TigerCard office, until it is available in the reports.
Turn Off the Pop-Up Blocker:
- If you run any of the canned reports, and choose the “Excel” format (by clicking the Excel button inside the report AFTER it is run) and you DO NOT see Excel open, you need to turn off your pop-up blocker.
- Click on “Tools” in your IE Explorer Toolbar, and then click on “Turn Off Pop-up Blocker”.
- If you have any other ISP toolbar (ie: Yahoo Toolbar or Google Toolbar) you need to turn off the pop-up blocker associated with that toolbar.
Add the ReportNet URL to the “Trusted Sites” Zone:
- If you still can not run any of the canned reports in the Excel format, after you turn off the pop-up blocker, you may need to add the ReportNet URL to the IE Trusted Sites Zone.
- Open a new session of IE
- On the Toolbar, navigate to TOOLS – INTERNET OPTIONS – SECURITY.
- In the middle of the pop-up window, click on SITES, next to the TRUSTED SITES text.
a. Under the heading “Add this Web site to the zone.” add the ReportNet URL (This is the PROD Link: https://iwprod.princeton.edu/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi?b_action=xts.run&m=portal/cc.xts&gohome= )
b. NB: These are the URLs to the ReportNet Login page, NOT the Information Warehouse page.
- Click OK – OK.