Scheduling Door Unlocks and Locks
Changes may be made to a door’s scheduled time for locking and unlocking to accommodate a special event. This requires that a manual override be programmed into the C-Cure system or that a manual unlock and lock command be issued on the spot.
To Request this Service
Please follow these guidelines for requesting this service.
- How to request this Service
- 1. Please contact one of your Building Access Coordinators (BACS) (.pdf)
- 2. Provide them with the information required (see below)
- 3. The BAC then sends an authorized unlock/lock request to BACSDAFS@princeton.edu. (Each building has a limited number of staff authorized to request CACS door unlocks and locks)
- What Information is Required
- Building name
- Door name and number
- Start Date & Time and action (lock/unlock)
- End Date & Time and action (lock/unlock)
- When is this Service Available
- Service requests are processed during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Please notify your BAC with enough time for them to send a request with at least 24 hours notice.
- For last-minute needs after business hours, call Public Safety for a manual unlock at (609)258-1000.
- Response Time
- Emails to Site Protection are responded to within one business day.
The Site Protection Office will attempt to respond to all requests. However, no guarantees are given for requests made with less than 24 hour notice. Public Safety will only respond when the Site Protection Office is closed.
A confirming e-mail will be sent to you.
There is no charge for this service.
This service is only offered to doors that are electronically secured with a card reader. Requests for doors with a traditional lock and key need to go directly to Public Safety, using their DPS Lock/Unlock request form.