Event Support Services
Stages, Platforms and Flooring
Requesting a Stage, Platform or Flooring
If your event requires a stage or flooring suitable for a speaker, band or other purpose, please contact us. There are many variables in ordering a stage or platform, and our expert in Grounds and Building Maintenance will work with you to order the appropriate stage or platform for your event. We will also coordinate the services of the Carpenter shop for you.
||Fees (incl. bunting)|
|Outdoor||4' x 8' platform section, approx. 4" high||$ 100 per section|
|$ 150 per section with carpet
|4' x 8' stage section, 1' high legs||$ 125 per section|
|$ 175 per section with carpet
|42" x 42" Flooring section, ground level
(good for grassy areas, allows air circulation)
|$ 25 per section|
|Indoor||4' x 8' metal stage section, up to 2' high||$ 125|
|$ 175 per section with carpet|
|steps for access (required if stage 2' high)||$ 50 per set|
|Note: outdoor options can also be used indoor|
How to Order?
- Please consider these questions to guide our communications and ordering recommendations:
- How will the stage/flooring be used?
- Is the stage/flooring to be located inside or outside?
- Where would you like to locate the stage/flooring on the site?
- Is the stage to be located within a tent?
- If this stage is to be used as a performance stage, have you spoken to the performer and asked his/her requirements?
Please note, stages within tents will displace tables and significantly decrease seating/standing capacity within the tent. Also, our staff must consider safety issues regarding the elevation of the stage, installation issues relative to the site's topography, as well as minimize damage to campus grounds. We will work with you to place the stage in the best spot to meet your needs while considering these factors.
- Charlie Krank, Assistant Director, Grounds and Building Maintenance
(609) 258-5299, ckrank@Princeton.edu