Event Support Services
Although the Facilities Organization does not own tents we will gladly assist you in the rental of a tent through a local company. We will provide consultative services to insure that the tent you order best meets the requirements for your particular event.
Tent Rental Consultation and Order Services
Grounds and Building Maintenance staff with experience in this area will work closely with you to decide the best tent size and tent type for your event. They will also assist you in chair and table spacing and arrangement to optimize your space. They have developed guidelines for this purpose.
Request This Service
Because there are so many variables to consider in ordering a properly sized tent, you will need to consult with our experts in Grounds and Building Maintenance who will work with you to make sure you order the appropriate tent for your needs. We will then place the tent order.
Before You Call
Prior to contacting Grounds and Building Maintenance staff please consider these questions so that you may best communicate your needs with our staff:
- What type of event will be held in this tent?
- How many people will attend this event?
- Will you need to seat everyone at one time (or in stages) at tables and chairs?
- Will you need a stage inside the tent? Note, stages will displace tables and chairs. You will need to leave space around and in front of the stage for proper access and for the comfort of guests both on the stage and at nearby tables or seats.
- Do you have a preference for table shape or size? Note, typically we recommend 5' round tables (8 people per table) which allows for comfortable seating and spacing. If you use 6' round tables the same area tent capacity will be increased but spacing will not be as comfortable. If you space 6' round tables to attain comfortable seating, tent capacity will decrease.
- Do you prefer rectangular banquet tables? Note, 8' banquet tables can generally achieve higher seating capacity of 15-20% over round tables, but at a loss of aesthetics. If using banquet tables you can comfortable seat 4 guests on each long side and no one at the ends. There are recommendations for the spacing of these tables.
- Will you require buffet and serving areas? Note, the caterer should be consulted regarding space needs for such things as buffet lines, bars, and other food servicing needs which include electrician services needs.
- Do you require auditorium style seating and a podium/stage in your tent for this event? Note, the tent's capacity will be determined by areas available for seating, the number and width of the aisles, and the stage/ podium size. Our staff will advise you according to your needs.
- Would you like the tent to have sides? Note, illuminated exit signs are required whenever tent side walls cover more than two sides of the tent. There are requirements for contacting the University Fire Marshall in such instances.
- Do you require heat in this tent? Note, heaters are supplied by the tent company for a fee. Electrician Services will be required.
- Do you require electricity in this tent? Electrician Services are available for a fee.
Who To Contact
Please contact the following individual in Grounds and Building Maintenance to discuss your needs and to order a tent. The order will be placed tor you:
- Charlie Krank, Assistant Director, Grounds and Building Maintenance
Telephone number- (609) 258-5299
E-mail address - ckrank@Princeton.edu
Tent Rental Fees
Rental fees depend on tent size and are available upon request . Please note that tent rentals are expensive. If you are thinking of using a tent, we strongly encourage you to check the price early in your planning process.
Cancellation of Event
It is imperative that you finalize your plans prior to ordering a tent. Once a tent has been ordered and the order has been confirmed you may cancel up to three days prior to the date of the event otherwise you will be charged for the tent regardless of whether or not the event is cancelled.