Event Support Services
Check Tents in additional services when you submit an Event Support Request and we will contact you.
Tent Rental Consultation
Although the Facilities Organization does not own tents, we assist with tent rentals through a local company. Because there are so many variables to consider in ordering a properly sized tent, we provide consultation services and will place the tent order for you.
Our Event Support experts will work closely with you to decide the best tent size and type for your event. They will also assist you in chair and table spacing and arrangement to optimize your space. We have guidelines developed developed for this purpose.
Before we contact you, it would be helpful for you to consider the following questions:
- What type of event will be held in this tent?
- How many people will attend this event?
- Will you need to seat everyone at one time (or in stages) at tables and chairs?
- Will you need a stage inside the tent? Note, stages will displace tables and chairs. You will need to leave space around and in front of the stage for proper access and for the comfort of guests both on the stage and at nearby tables or seats.
- Do you have a preference for table shape or size? Note, typically we recommend 5' round tables (8 people per table) which allows for comfortable seating and spacing. If you use 6' round tables the same area tent capacity will be increased but spacing will not be as comfortable. If you space 6' round tables to attain comfortable seating, tent capacity will decrease.
- Do you prefer rectangular banquet tables? Note, 8' banquet tables can generally achieve higher seating capacity of 15-20% over round tables, but at a loss of aesthetics. If using banquet tables you can comfortable seat 4 guests on each long side and no one at the ends. There are recommendations for the spacing of these tables.
- Will you require buffet and serving areas? Note, the caterer should be consulted regarding space needs for such things as buffet lines, bars, and other food servicing needs which include electrician services needs.
- Do you require auditorium style seating and a podium/stage in your tent for this event? Note, the tent's capacity will be determined by areas available for seating, the number and width of the aisles, and the stage/ podium size. Our staff will advise you according to your needs.
- Would you like the tent to have sides? Note, illuminated exit signs are required whenever tent side walls cover more than two sides of the tent. There are requirements for contacting the University Fire Marshall in such instances.
- Do you require heat in this tent? Note, heaters are supplied by the tent company for a fee. Electrician Services will be required.
- Do you require electricity in this tent? Electrician Services are available for a fee.
Tent Rental Fees
Rental fees depend on tent size and are available upon request . Please note that tent rentals are expensive. If you are thinking of using a tent, we strongly encourage you to check the price early in your planning process.
Cancellation of Event
It is imperative that you finalize your plans prior to ordering a tent. Once a tent has been ordered and the order has been confirmed you may cancel up to three days prior to the date of the event otherwise you will be charged for the tent regardless of whether or not the event is cancelled.
We will contact you after receiving your Event Support Request to discuss your needs and schedule the tent rental. If you have immediate concerns, you may contact the following Event Support service expert:
- Charlie Krank, Assistant Director, Grounds and Building Maintenance
Telephone number- (609) 258-5299
E-mail address - ckrank@Princeton.edu