Air Conditioner Installation Requirements
Springdale Apartments, Apartment 53-59, College Rd. W.
The information contained here provides clarity around air conditioner unit requirements for your residence as well as details about installation by University maintenance staff.
Air Conditioner Requirements
Before purchasing or installing an air conditioner for your apartment, consult the guidelines below. Air conditioners must fit the dimensions of your window and be appropriate for your window type. Electrical draw for the unit must not be exceeded.
- Window Type
Double-hung wood frame windows
- Window Dimensions
28 1/2 inches wide
(air conditioner can not exceed these dimensions)
6,000 to 12,000
Installation Service by University Maintenance Staff
When requesting installation services by University maintenance staff please follow these guidelines. Note that installation by University maintenance staff is required and self-installation is prohibited for safety reasons.
- Purchase an air conditioner meeting the requirements stated for your apartment.
- Contact the Facilities Service Center to request an installation order. Indicate the exact window location for the placement of the unit. When choosing the desired placement of the air conditioner consider electric outlet locations and plan accordingly. Be sure to include your contact information.
- The installation will occur approximately two weeks from the date your request this service. You will be contacted prior to the installation.
- Prior to the arrival of the maintenance staff remove the screens from the window in which the air conditioner will be placed, placing the screens inside your apartment or in your storage area. Please do not place the screens outside.
- Remove the air conditioner from the box.
- Place the pre-assembled air conditioner on the floor under the window in which the unit will be installed.
Fees and Billing for Installation Service
This is a for fee service. You will be billed by the department of Housing and Real Estate Services after the air conditioner has been installed. The fee has been established based on all work involved in the proper installation of an air conditioner in the window in your apartment. The cost applies to each installation. The removal of the unit in the fall is included in the cost.
- $ 100.00 fixed price per air conditioner.