Air Conditioner Installation Requirements
Lawrence Low-Rise Apartments
The information contained here provides clarity around air conditioner unit requirements for your residence as well as details about installation by University maintenance staff.
Air Conditioner Requirements
Before purchasing or installing an air conditioner in your apartment, consult the guidelines below. Electrical draw for the unit must not be exceeded.
- Window Type
Metal framed window.
- Window Dimensions
20 1/2” L x 12 5/8 " H
(air conditioner must not exceed these dimensions)
6,000 to 10,000
- Air Conditioner Placement
Fits in metal window below operable window. May not be placed in any other location.
Installation Service by University Maintenance Staff
When requesting installation services by University maintenance staff please follow these guidelines. Note that installation by University maintenance staff is required and self-installation is prohibited for safety reasons.
- Purchase an air conditioner meeting the requirements stated.
- Contact the Facilities Service Center to request an installation order. Be sure to include your contact information.
- If you request this service prior to May1 installation will occur in approximately two weeks. Requests subsequent to June 1 will require a greater wait time. You will be contacted prior to the installation.
- Remove the air conditioner from the box.
- Place the pre-assembled air conditioner on the floor under the window in which the unit will be installed.
Fees for Installation Service
This is a for fee service. You will be billed by the department of Housing and Real Estate Services after the air conditioner has been installed. The fee has been established based on all work involved in the proper installation of an air conditioner in the window in your apartment. The cost applies to each installation. The removal of the unit in the fall is included in the cost.
- $ 150.00 fixed price per air conditioner.