Air Conditioner Installation Requirements
Single Family Dwellings and Duplex Housing Units
The information contained here provides clarity around air conditioner unit requirements for your residence as well as details about installation by University maintenance staff.
Air Conditioner Requirements
Before purchasing or installing an air conditioner for your single family home or duplex housing unit, please measure the window carefully to insure purchase of a unit that will fit properly. Consider window type and or wall opening and size and depth of the opening where the air conditioner will be placed.
Installation Service by University Maintenance Staff
When requesting installation services by University maintenance staff please follow these guidelines. Note that installation by University maintenance staff is required and self-installation is prohibited for safety reasons.
- Purchase an air conditioner meeting the requirements for your particular residence.
- Contact the Facilities Service Center to request an installation order. Indicate the exact window location for the placement of the unit. When choosing the desired placement of the air conditioner consider electric outlet locations and plan accordingly. Include your contact information.
- If you request this service prior to May1 installation will occur in approximately two weeks. Requests subsequent to June 1 will require a greater wait time. You will be contacted prior to the installation.
- Remove the air conditioner from the box.
- Place the pre-assembled air conditioner on the floor under the window in which the unit will be installed.
Fees for Installation Service
This is a for fee service. You will be billed by the department of Housing and Real Estate Services after the air conditioner has been installed. The fee will be established based on all work involved in the proper installation of an air conditioner in the window in your particular residence and will be determined at installation. The cost applies to each installation. The removal of the unit in the fall is included in the cost.