Replacement In Off-Campus Housing
Housing operations staff routinely change the light bulbs in interior University fixtures located in the common areas of off-campus housing buildings that can be reached safely from a 6-foot ladder or with a special extension pole. Bulbs in more difficult locations are changed by the Electric Shop.
Residents are responsibile for changing the light bulbs in the fixtures within their residences with a few notable exceptions:
- a Lawrence Apartment kitchen lighting fixture requires the services of the Housing operations area coordinator.
- a Graduate College Annex lighting fixture requires the services of Building Services.
- Common Room/Lawrence Apartment number
- Type of fixture (ceiling, wall, flourescent, Lawrence ktichen, etc)
- Indicate if the fixture is unusually high (cannot by reached from a 6-foot ladder)
Bulbs in personal lamps are the responsibility of the owner.
This is a non billable service.