Keys and Locks
Standard Lock Changes University Housing Properties
The University locksmith shop is the sole provider of standard lock changes in University buildings. All lock changes in University housing properties are coordinated through the department of Housing and Real Estate Services.
When is this Service Performed
Standard lock changes in University housing properties including dormitories with standard locks and apartments and single family houses are mandatory when a key is lost or when a loaner key issued in the case of a lock out has not been returned in accordance with policy established by the department of Housing and Real Estate Services. Lock changes are also performed when a key is not returned at check out. When a lock has been changed new keys will be issued to residents at the department of Housing and Real Estate Services.
In addition standard lock changes are performed when a lock is not working properly and can not be repaired. New keys issued by the department of Housing and Real Estate Services are issued to residents.
Who May Request This Service
- Residents of University housing properties with improperly functioning/broken standard locks may request a lock change (repair) by contacting the Facilities Service Center or by submitting a service request.
- Housing and Real Estate Services is the requestor for standard lock changes in instances when university property residents' keys are lost, stolen, or unreturned in accordance with housing policy.
The fee schedule for lock changes is as follows:
- Standard lock changes resulting from a broken lock- no fee to resident
- Standard lock changes resulting from a lost or stolen key- $75.00
- Standard lock changes resulting when key not returned at check out- $75.00
- Standard lock changes resulting from a failure of resident to return a loaner key within the time period permitted by Housing and Real Estate Services policy- $75.00 (additional compliance fees will apply)