Building Services provides moving services to all campus University departments and offices at Princeton and at the Forrestal Campus.
This service includes the following moves:
- Office furniture and other office items moved from one administrative or academic location to another (excluding artwork and pianos)
- Equipment and materials moved to the Princeton University Storage Facility
- Records moved for the purpose of storage in the Princeton University Storage Facility
- Surplus items to and from the warehouse (handled as part of Surplus submissions/purchases)
Items Not Moved
University movers do not move the following items:
- Artwork (please contact The Princeton University Art Museum Preparator's Office for recommendations)
- Heavy specialized equipment requiring rigging services
Building Services serves all departments within the University in a fair and equitable manner. Every effort is made to schedule moves within the time period requested. Please be aware that lead time is required and that moves are handled in the order in which they are requested.
Note: Moving services may be delayed or not available surrounding student move in, move out, reunions, and the commencement period. All moves are prioritized by the Building Services Logistics Manager.
To Request Office Furniture Moves
Enter an online work request to request an office move.
In the description box please provide the following information to help us fulfill your request:
- Contact name, number and email of the move coordinator
- Detailed list of items to be moved
- Move locations, current and future
- Special considerations (i.e. desk hutch needs to be dismantled by carpenter shop prior to move)
- Approximate move date, please allow appropriate lead time
- Account number for billing
Confirmation of Move Details
Building Services staff will speak with you prior to the move to confirm details, including move dates.
To Request Materials and Records Moves to the PUSF
The move of materials and records for both storage and disposal to the PUSF is arranged through the PUSF Logistics Manager. For details and to request thiese services see Storage (Records), Records Disposal, and Storage (Materials.
The move of furniture and other items in academic and administrative offices during business hours is a non billable service; after hours moves are billable. The move of records and materials for storage in the PUSF is a non billable service. Records disposal is a billable service.