PU Storage Facility
The Princeton University Storage Facility (PUSF), an off-campus warehouse managed by Building Services, is used for the temporary storage of active and inactive department records. Records moved to PUSF are placed there on a rotational basis and assigned an expiration date. When records reach their storage expiration date they are either returned to the office of record or are disposed of in the manner instructed by the office of record.
Records Stored at PUSF
Active and inactive records stored at this facility include:
- Active records for which department space is limited due to particular circumstances such as office renovation or because the volume of records requires remote storage.
- Inactive records a Department is required to retain for regulatory reasons prior to disposal.
Records Not Stored at PUSF
The PUSF is not the repository for the following types of records:
- Permanent, inactive records
- Research materials
- Medical records
University Records Retention Policies
Archival information relevant to legal requirements and University policy regarding record retention and schedules may be found on the Seeley G Mudd Manuscript Library website. Please look there for detailed information. You will need your Princeton netID to access the site.
Records Storage Box Requirements
Records must be stored in boxes which meet the following requirements:
- Boxes must be in new or good condition.
- All boxes in a series must the same size for shelving stability.
- Records within a series must be assigned the same record storage request number.
- 12" x 15" x 10" pop-up style boxes are preferred.
- Each box must be labelled as follows:
- department name
- record storage request number (provided by PUSF)
- basic content description
- disposal/destruction date
Moving Records To and From the Facility
Once your record storage request is approved the PUSF Logistics Manager will arrange for Building Services' movers to pick up your records. Customers will be contacted to arrange for convenient pick up and delivery times.
To Request this Service
The follow forms are used to request this service:
Fees for Service
There is no fee for the storage or the pick up and delivery of your records by University movers. See Records Disposal for fees.